The sleuths at Botswana’s No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency confront some characteristically poky new dilemmas in the slight, winsome seventh installment of the Alexander McCall Smith series, Blue Shoes and Happiness. A cook has been stealing her employer’s food for her fat husband, a doctor is falsifying blood-pressure readings, and a newspaper advice columnist may be running a blackmail racket. Meanwhile, ”traditionally built” Mma Ramotswe goes on a diet and her colleague Grace Makutsi buys a pair of impractical, pointy-toed shoes. ”Most problems could be diminished by the drinking of tea and the thinking through of things,” Mma Ramotswe reflects, again demonstrating how common sense, decency, and a hot drink can save the day.
Blue Shoes and Happiness The sleuths at Botswana's No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency confront some characteristically poky new dilemmas in the slight, winsome seventh installment...Blue Shoes and HappinessMystery and Thriller, FictionAlexander McCall Smith The sleuths at Botswana's No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency confront some characteristically poky new dilemmas in the slight, winsome seventh installment...2006-04-14Pantheon
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Alexander McCall Smith; Publisher: Pantheon
Posted April 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!