If Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote moved to D.C., and took an interest in Adam Arkin becoming attorney general, the result would be Commander in Chief, version 3.0. Back from hiatus, Geena Davis’ presidency is now as lame-brained as a bottle of Acme Earthquake Pills. Gone with creator Rod Lurie (version 1.0) and show runner Steven Bochco (version 2.0) is any semblance of smart dialogue (the exposition is so heavy-handed it seems lifted from a fourth-grade civics textbook) or fleshed-out characters. Donald Sutherland’s Speaker of the House is a particularly thankless role.
Genre: Drama; Lead Performer: Geena Davis; Performers: Natasha Henstridge, Kyle Secor, Matt Lanter, John Sloan, Donald Sutherland; Run Dates: 09/27/2005; Broadcaster: ABC; Status: In Season
Posted April 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters