How does Hurley (Jorge Garcia) go from clean-shaven in flashbacks to stubbly on the island? Oscar-winning makeup artist LaPorte and his electrostatic flocking tool. ”I apply glue to his face, then hair flies out and sticks. I can trim it so it looks like a quarter-inch beard,” says Steve LaPorte, who’s also used the device on Dominic Monaghan and Terry O’Quinn. ”Matthew [Fox] has somehow escaped the bullet.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!