How does Hurley (Jorge Garcia) go from clean-shaven in flashbacks to stubbly on the island? Oscar-winning makeup artist LaPorte and his electrostatic flocking tool. ”I apply glue to his face, then hair flies out and sticks. I can trim it so it looks like a quarter-inch beard,” says Steve LaPorte, who’s also used the device on Dominic Monaghan and Terry O’Quinn. ”Matthew [Fox] has somehow escaped the bullet.”
Posted April 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chinese filmmaker denies ripping off 'Cars'
- Watch your emotions get dramatic in 'Inside Out' and 'Inception' mashup trailer
- 'Doctor Who' stars lend voices to 'Lego Dimensions' game
- Exclusive: Catch up on 'Rectify' with a 'Serial'-inspired podcast
- Let's rewatch the eerie first trailer for Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle'
- U2 releases trailer for short film starring Woody Harrelson
- Mignolaverse and 'Hellboy' welcome iZombie co-creator Chris Roberson
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!