I was 14 years old, a freshman at Kinston High School in North Carolina, the Vikings. Cheerleading there was a sport, like on Cheerleader Nation. We competed and did really well. Rebecca Witter was the captain, and her mom was our coach. It was a lot of bitchy girls, all of us, including me. That age, you’re in hormone hell. Everybody thinks they know everything, and everybody’s on their period the same week. This was the only year I cheered, because I sent my pictures in to all of these model searches in the back of teen magazines. When school let out for summer, I moved to California. After that, my parents separated, I shot the cover of Teen magazine, and the next year I was modeling in Japan. Regular high school life was over.
Posted April 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Reese Witherspoon is 'thinking about’ another 'Legally Blonde' sequel