I was 14 years old, a freshman at Kinston High School in North Carolina, the Vikings. Cheerleading there was a sport, like on Cheerleader Nation. We competed and did really well. Rebecca Witter was the captain, and her mom was our coach. It was a lot of bitchy girls, all of us, including me. That age, you’re in hormone hell. Everybody thinks they know everything, and everybody’s on their period the same week. This was the only year I cheered, because I sent my pictures in to all of these model searches in the back of teen magazines. When school let out for summer, I moved to California. After that, my parents separated, I shot the cover of Teen magazine, and the next year I was modeling in Japan. Regular high school life was over.
Posted April 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!