I was 14 years old, a freshman at Kinston High School in North Carolina, the Vikings. Cheerleading there was a sport, like on Cheerleader Nation. We competed and did really well. Rebecca Witter was the captain, and her mom was our coach. It was a lot of bitchy girls, all of us, including me. That age, you’re in hormone hell. Everybody thinks they know everything, and everybody’s on their period the same week. This was the only year I cheered, because I sent my pictures in to all of these model searches in the back of teen magazines. When school let out for summer, I moved to California. After that, my parents separated, I shot the cover of Teen magazine, and the next year I was modeling in Japan. Regular high school life was over.
Posted April 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'
- A breakdown of the 13 most absurd moments in the 'Rocky IV' training montages
- Anne Hathaway is pregnant
- New look at 'Batman v Superman' will debut during 'Gotham' fall finale
- Daniel Radcliffe says he was 'not wanking' on set of 'Harry Potter'
- Matthew Weiner will direct an episode of 'Orange is the New Black'