Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez’s third novel chronicles a gaggle of Miami women — a publicist, a Serbian supermodel, and a single-mom firefighter, among others — whose one commonality is Ricky Biscayne, a slick crossover pop star who bears more than a passing resemblance to another real-life Ricky. But no one is as interesting as Jill Sanchez, a Latina superstar who has a clothing line, a movie career, and a hit record (despite the fact that she can’t design, act, or sing) — not to mention a torrid love life. The breezy, scandalous plot is almost beside the point. The real fun in Make Him Look Good comes from eating up all the oh-no-she-didn’t parallels between the characters’ exploits and real-life celeb misbehavior.
Make Him Look Good Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez's third novel chronicles a gaggle of Miami women — a publicist, a Serbian supermodel, and a single-mom firefighter, among...Make Him Look GoodFictionAlisa Valdes-Rodriguez Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez's third novel chronicles a gaggle of Miami women — a publicist, a Serbian supermodel, and a single-mom firefighter, among...2006-04-14St. Martin's Press
Genre: Fiction; Author: Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez; Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Posted April 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!