Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez’s third novel chronicles a gaggle of Miami women — a publicist, a Serbian supermodel, and a single-mom firefighter, among others — whose one commonality is Ricky Biscayne, a slick crossover pop star who bears more than a passing resemblance to another real-life Ricky. But no one is as interesting as Jill Sanchez, a Latina superstar who has a clothing line, a movie career, and a hit record (despite the fact that she can’t design, act, or sing) — not to mention a torrid love life. The breezy, scandalous plot is almost beside the point. The real fun in Make Him Look Good comes from eating up all the oh-no-she-didn’t parallels between the characters’ exploits and real-life celeb misbehavior.
Make Him Look Good Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez's third novel chronicles a gaggle of Miami women — a publicist, a Serbian supermodel, and a single-mom firefighter, among...Make Him Look GoodFictionAlisa Valdes-Rodriguez Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez's third novel chronicles a gaggle of Miami women — a publicist, a Serbian supermodel, and a single-mom firefighter, among...2006-04-14St. Martin's Press
Genre: Fiction; Author: Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez; Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Posted April 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Exclusive: Subway tunnel rave turns deadly in 'Survive the Night' trailer
- 'Edward Scissorhands' 25th anniversary Blu-ray: New details
- Demi Lovato: 'Summer' turns into fall
- The Roots play 'Rappers Delight' with the Philadelphia Mayor for Fourth of July
- John Oliver's Shallow Dive: 15 topics in 60(-ish) seconds
- Miley Cyrus cameos as a skateboarding heartthrob on 'Stone Quackers'
- Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle': Watch EW livestream of episodes 1 and 2 from Comic-Con Friday
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!