Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez’s third novel chronicles a gaggle of Miami women — a publicist, a Serbian supermodel, and a single-mom firefighter, among others — whose one commonality is Ricky Biscayne, a slick crossover pop star who bears more than a passing resemblance to another real-life Ricky. But no one is as interesting as Jill Sanchez, a Latina superstar who has a clothing line, a movie career, and a hit record (despite the fact that she can’t design, act, or sing) — not to mention a torrid love life. The breezy, scandalous plot is almost beside the point. The real fun in Make Him Look Good comes from eating up all the oh-no-she-didn’t parallels between the characters’ exploits and real-life celeb misbehavior.
Make Him Look Good Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez's third novel chronicles a gaggle of Miami women — a publicist, a Serbian supermodel, and a single-mom firefighter, among...Make Him Look GoodFictionAlisa Valdes-Rodriguez Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez's third novel chronicles a gaggle of Miami women — a publicist, a Serbian supermodel, and a single-mom firefighter, among...2006-04-14St. Martin's Press
Genre: Fiction; Author: Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez; Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Posted April 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!