Smoke Dugan is a retired Mob bomb maker in Maine whose past catches up with him. Also caught in the crossfire is gal pal Lola, who’s apparently the target of every sexual predator east of the Mississippi. Fortunately, Lola kicks groins quite well. Despite the crotch punts, this is the usual pulp about killers with Glocks, blades, and nitroglycerin. Patrick Quinlan seems effusive only when rehashing ads: ”His breath smelled like those curiously strong mints, the ones that came in the little tin.” (Why not just write ”Altoids”?) For the most part, though, the author opts to move right to the gory, immediate point. While it may be mindless, Smoked should absorb any fan of Bruckheimer blockbusters and everything else that goes boom.
Smoked (Book - Patrick Quinlan) Smoke Dugan is a retired Mob bomb maker in Maine whose past catches up with him. Also caught in the crossfire is gal pal Lola, who's apparently the...Smoked (Book - Patrick Quinlan)True Crime, Fiction, Mystery and ThrillerPatrick Quinlan Smoke Dugan is a retired Mob bomb maker in Maine whose past catches up with him. Also caught in the crossfire is gal pal Lola, who's apparently the...2006-04-14St. Martin's Press
Genre: True Crime, Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Patrick Quinlan; Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Posted April 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'SNL' announces Miley Cyrus will be musical guest for season premiere
- There is no new novel in Harper Lee's deposit box, despite rumors
- Whedon fave on 'Bloodsucking Bastards' (and why he wants to be killed by Thor)
- Syfy renews 'Dark Matter' and 'Killjoys' for second seasons
- David Lagercrantz reveals what it's like to take over the 'Dragon Tattoo' series
- Jimmy Fallon will interview Donald Trump on 'The Tonight Show'
- London Film Festival unveils full lineup
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!