Smoke Dugan is a retired Mob bomb maker in Maine whose past catches up with him. Also caught in the crossfire is gal pal Lola, who’s apparently the target of every sexual predator east of the Mississippi. Fortunately, Lola kicks groins quite well. Despite the crotch punts, this is the usual pulp about killers with Glocks, blades, and nitroglycerin. Patrick Quinlan seems effusive only when rehashing ads: ”His breath smelled like those curiously strong mints, the ones that came in the little tin.” (Why not just write ”Altoids”?) For the most part, though, the author opts to move right to the gory, immediate point. While it may be mindless, Smoked should absorb any fan of Bruckheimer blockbusters and everything else that goes boom.
Smoked (Book - Patrick Quinlan) Smoke Dugan is a retired Mob bomb maker in Maine whose past catches up with him. Also caught in the crossfire is gal pal Lola, who's apparently the...Smoked (Book - Patrick Quinlan)True Crime, Fiction, Mystery and ThrillerPatrick Quinlan Smoke Dugan is a retired Mob bomb maker in Maine whose past catches up with him. Also caught in the crossfire is gal pal Lola, who's apparently the...2006-04-14St. Martin's Press
Genre: True Crime, Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Patrick Quinlan; Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Posted April 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!