Smoke Dugan is a retired Mob bomb maker in Maine whose past catches up with him. Also caught in the crossfire is gal pal Lola, who’s apparently the target of every sexual predator east of the Mississippi. Fortunately, Lola kicks groins quite well. Despite the crotch punts, this is the usual pulp about killers with Glocks, blades, and nitroglycerin. Patrick Quinlan seems effusive only when rehashing ads: ”His breath smelled like those curiously strong mints, the ones that came in the little tin.” (Why not just write ”Altoids”?) For the most part, though, the author opts to move right to the gory, immediate point. While it may be mindless, Smoked should absorb any fan of Bruckheimer blockbusters and everything else that goes boom.
Smoked (Book - Patrick Quinlan) Smoke Dugan is a retired Mob bomb maker in Maine whose past catches up with him. Also caught in the crossfire is gal pal Lola, who's apparently the...Smoked (Book - Patrick Quinlan)True Crime, Fiction, Mystery and ThrillerPatrick Quinlan Smoke Dugan is a retired Mob bomb maker in Maine whose past catches up with him. Also caught in the crossfire is gal pal Lola, who's apparently the...2006-04-14St. Martin's Press
Genre: True Crime, Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Patrick Quinlan; Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Posted April 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996