Susanna Hoffs and Matthew Sweet both have voices like gumdrops, which makes the spectre of Under the Covers Vol. 1 a little menacing. Each cover is built on densely layered guitars and finished with poofy harmonies, and none could be called ambitious, but there’s surprising joy to be found in a couple of pros singing songs they love. Hoffs still has that adorable quaver, and Sweet supports her with steady warmth. Together they turn ”It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue” into something less monumental and more intimate than the original — a perfect late-summer pop song.
Under the Covers, Vol. 1 Susanna Hoffs and Matthew Sweet both have voices like gumdrops, which makes the spectre of Under the Covers Vol. 1 a little menacing....Under the Covers, Vol. 1Rock, Pop Susanna Hoffs and Matthew Sweet both have voices like gumdrops, which makes the spectre of Under the Covers Vol. 1 a little menacing....2006-04-14
Genre: Rock, Pop; Lead Performers: Matthew Sweet, Susanna Hoffs; Producer (group): Shout Factory
Posted April 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!