For me, one of the scariest things about modern parenting is the competitive pressure that’s placed on kids from a young age. Will baby Tarquin get into the right preschool? Shouldn’t little Fiona have mastered the cello by now? Still, reading USA Today’s disconcerting feature in which professional gossips gauged folks’ excitement over the pending births of TomKat and Brangelina’s babies was a sobering reminder that celebrity tykes have it even worse. Imagine being judged on your photo-op potential or having the details of your birthing room publicly discussed in mind-numbing detail – all before you emerged from the womb. Then again, the Holmes and Jolie babies could have it worse: Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale’s pending bundle of joy didn’t even get a mention. Sounds like that fetus needs a new publicist.
Posted April 18 2006 — 2:15 PM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!