From today’s Hollywood Reporter comes news that Grey’s Anatomy star Katherine Heigl has been tapped to replace Anne Hathaway as the female lead opposite Seth Rogan in Knocked Up, the latest from The 40 Year-Old Virgin’s Judd Apatow. As far as I’m concerned, Heigl’s a great choice for a movie star: She’s equally adept at both facets of romantic comedy, she’s ridonkulously pretty, and every Sunday night, she exhibits a brand of outsized charisma that shouldn’t be reserved exclusively for TV audiences. And anyhow, she’s already proven her big-screen viability opposite a Hollywood legend. What do you think? Is Heigl on her way to movie stardom, or is she destined for the ”big on TV” label?
Posted April 18 2006 — 3:13 PM EDT
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on that killer finale and what's next
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!