From today’s Hollywood Reporter comes news that Grey’s Anatomy star Katherine Heigl has been tapped to replace Anne Hathaway as the female lead opposite Seth Rogan in Knocked Up, the latest from The 40 Year-Old Virgin’s Judd Apatow. As far as I’m concerned, Heigl’s a great choice for a movie star: She’s equally adept at both facets of romantic comedy, she’s ridonkulously pretty, and every Sunday night, she exhibits a brand of outsized charisma that shouldn’t be reserved exclusively for TV audiences. And anyhow, she’s already proven her big-screen viability opposite a Hollywood legend. What do you think? Is Heigl on her way to movie stardom, or is she destined for the ”big on TV” label?
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!