From today’s Hollywood Reporter comes news that Grey’s Anatomy star Katherine Heigl has been tapped to replace Anne Hathaway as the female lead opposite Seth Rogan in Knocked Up, the latest from The 40 Year-Old Virgin’s Judd Apatow. As far as I’m concerned, Heigl’s a great choice for a movie star: She’s equally adept at both facets of romantic comedy, she’s ridonkulously pretty, and every Sunday night, she exhibits a brand of outsized charisma that shouldn’t be reserved exclusively for TV audiences. And anyhow, she’s already proven her big-screen viability opposite a Hollywood legend. What do you think? Is Heigl on her way to movie stardom, or is she destined for the ”big on TV” label?
Posted April 18 2006 — 3:13 PM EDT
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'