From today’s Hollywood Reporter comes news that Grey’s Anatomy star Katherine Heigl has been tapped to replace Anne Hathaway as the female lead opposite Seth Rogan in Knocked Up, the latest from The 40 Year-Old Virgin’s Judd Apatow. As far as I’m concerned, Heigl’s a great choice for a movie star: She’s equally adept at both facets of romantic comedy, she’s ridonkulously pretty, and every Sunday night, she exhibits a brand of outsized charisma that shouldn’t be reserved exclusively for TV audiences. And anyhow, she’s already proven her big-screen viability opposite a Hollywood legend. What do you think? Is Heigl on her way to movie stardom, or is she destined for the ”big on TV” label?
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Mystery roles for Julie Delpy and Linda Cardellini
- 'The Americans' bosses on Paige, her future, and the endgame after (spoiler!)
- Casting Net: Anna Kendrick joins Zac Efron in 'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates'
- Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig in Lifetime movie (no, really!)
- Kendrick Lamar goes back to Compton for 'King Kunta' video: Watch
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip