From today’s Hollywood Reporter comes news that Grey’s Anatomy star Katherine Heigl has been tapped to replace Anne Hathaway as the female lead opposite Seth Rogan in Knocked Up, the latest from The 40 Year-Old Virgin’s Judd Apatow. As far as I’m concerned, Heigl’s a great choice for a movie star: She’s equally adept at both facets of romantic comedy, she’s ridonkulously pretty, and every Sunday night, she exhibits a brand of outsized charisma that shouldn’t be reserved exclusively for TV audiences. And anyhow, she’s already proven her big-screen viability opposite a Hollywood legend. What do you think? Is Heigl on her way to movie stardom, or is she destined for the ”big on TV” label?
Posted April 18 2006 — 3:13 PM EDT
- Reese Witherspoon is 'thinking about’ another 'Legally Blonde' sequel
- Academy head on 'Birth of a Nation': People need to judge the movie
- Sam Mendes, Nick Hornby in talks for live-action 'James and the Giant Peach'
- Vincent D'Onofrio, Dean Norris join Eli Roth's 'Death Wish' remake
- Tim Kaine attacks Donald Trump for calling Hillary Clinton a 'bigot'
- Helen Mirren in talks for Disney's 'Nutcracker and the Four Realms'
- Eva Longoria to direct 'Jane the Virgin' episode