The saddest thing about Die Hard/Thomas Crown Affair director John McTiernan’s guilty plea in the Anthony Pellicano scandal? His conviction for lying to the FBI stems from a dispute over the making of Rollerball, the crappiest movie on his résumé. Dude could go to prison for five years over a freakin’ Chris Klein/LL Cool J movie. Just think how much suffering and anguish could have been avoided – for McTiernan and for the 17 of us who saw that movie – had Rollerball never been made.
Posted April 18 2006 — 7:10 PM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Loretta Devine talks gender-bending role
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on that shocking casualty
- Jennifer Garner joins Bryan Cranston in 'Wakefield'
- 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce' season 2 premiere react: Abby gets schooled in divorce
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing