The saddest thing about Die Hard/Thomas Crown Affair director John McTiernan’s guilty plea in the Anthony Pellicano scandal? His conviction for lying to the FBI stems from a dispute over the making of Rollerball, the crappiest movie on his résumé. Dude could go to prison for five years over a freakin’ Chris Klein/LL Cool J movie. Just think how much suffering and anguish could have been avoided – for McTiernan and for the 17 of us who saw that movie – had Rollerball never been made.
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at gospel event
- Angelina Jolie at Kids Choice Awards
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!