The saddest thing about Die Hard/Thomas Crown Affair director John McTiernan’s guilty plea in the Anthony Pellicano scandal? His conviction for lying to the FBI stems from a dispute over the making of Rollerball, the crappiest movie on his résumé. Dude could go to prison for five years over a freakin’ Chris Klein/LL Cool J movie. Just think how much suffering and anguish could have been avoided – for McTiernan and for the 17 of us who saw that movie – had Rollerball never been made.
Posted April 18 2006 — 7:10 PM EDT
- Lionsgate developing 'Now You See Me 3'
- First look: Danny Trejo joins 'From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series'
- New 'Magic Mike XXL' poster is all about the abs
- J.K. Rowling—er, Robert Galbraith—is editing the latest Cormoran Strike novel
- 'World War Z' sequel set for 2017 release
- 'Human Centipede 3': What disgusting prop did the director take home?
- Joyce Carol Oates expands on PEN award protest following award for 'Charlie Hebdo'
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!