Director Stephen Frears (High Fidelity) is not necessarily known for his Busby Berkeley touch. But in Mrs. Henderson Presents, he whips up a flaky musical pastry around Judi Dench’s saucy Oscar-nominated performance as the moneybags widow who revitalized a wartime London theater by suggesting that the high-kickers take it all off. EXTRAS Mrs. Henderson’s original dancers are charmingly unabashed in making-of interviews. Frears, meanwhile, admits in a commentary that he was ”very taken, reading the script, with the idea of Judi saying ‘f—’ at the end of it. My heart leapt.”
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Judi Dench, Bob Hoskins, Christopher Guest; Director: Stephen Frears; Author: Martin Sherman; Release Date Limited: 12/09/2005; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: The Weinstein Company
Posted April 18 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- Watch Tom Bergeron discover his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- Steve Carell joins Woody Allen's next movie, replacing Bruce Willis
- 'Complications' canceled at USA
- 'No Escape' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!