Director Stephen Frears (High Fidelity) is not necessarily known for his Busby Berkeley touch. But in Mrs. Henderson Presents, he whips up a flaky musical pastry around Judi Dench’s saucy Oscar-nominated performance as the moneybags widow who revitalized a wartime London theater by suggesting that the high-kickers take it all off. EXTRAS Mrs. Henderson’s original dancers are charmingly unabashed in making-of interviews. Frears, meanwhile, admits in a commentary that he was ”very taken, reading the script, with the idea of Judi saying ‘f—’ at the end of it. My heart leapt.”
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Judi Dench, Bob Hoskins, Christopher Guest; Director: Stephen Frears; Author: Martin Sherman; Release Date Limited: 12/09/2005; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: The Weinstein Company
Posted April 18 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50