Director Stephen Frears (High Fidelity) is not necessarily known for his Busby Berkeley touch. But in Mrs. Henderson Presents, he whips up a flaky musical pastry around Judi Dench’s saucy Oscar-nominated performance as the moneybags widow who revitalized a wartime London theater by suggesting that the high-kickers take it all off. EXTRAS Mrs. Henderson’s original dancers are charmingly unabashed in making-of interviews. Frears, meanwhile, admits in a commentary that he was ”very taken, reading the script, with the idea of Judi saying ‘f—’ at the end of it. My heart leapt.”
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Judi Dench, Bob Hoskins, Christopher Guest; Director: Stephen Frears; Author: Martin Sherman; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: The Weinstein Company
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- The new 'Magic Mike XXL' trailer is here to worship you
- Hulu considering 'Myst' adaptation--report
- Here's the 'Scrubs' reunion from last night's 'Undateable'
- 'Party Down South 2' peek: A lesson in how (not) to hit on the new roommate
- Arnold Schwarzenegger talks 'Triplets' and new 'Conan' movie
- Tom Hardy wouldn't mind playing 'The Punisher' for Marvel
- Bollywood actor jailed for killing a man in hit-and-run
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Taylor Swift, Cate Blanchett, James Marsden & More!