Director Stephen Frears (High Fidelity) is not necessarily known for his Busby Berkeley touch. But in Mrs. Henderson Presents, he whips up a flaky musical pastry around Judi Dench’s saucy Oscar-nominated performance as the moneybags widow who revitalized a wartime London theater by suggesting that the high-kickers take it all off. EXTRAS Mrs. Henderson’s original dancers are charmingly unabashed in making-of interviews. Frears, meanwhile, admits in a commentary that he was ”very taken, reading the script, with the idea of Judi saying ‘f—’ at the end of it. My heart leapt.”
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Judi Dench, Bob Hoskins, Christopher Guest; Director: Stephen Frears; Author: Martin Sherman; Release Date Limited: 12/09/2005; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: The Weinstein Company
Posted April 18 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade