You could dismiss this swankily shot Latin American trifle as an upscale soap opera, but that would be an insult to soap operas. La Mujer de Mi Hermano is really two ”racy” women’s-magazine articles yoked into feature form. The first (”I Slept With My Husband’s Brother”) sounds kinkier than it is: The husband (Christian Meier) is a dullard, the wife (Bárbara Mori) a vacuous beauty, the brother (Manolo Cardona) a cliché lout. The second (”Is Your Husband Gay?”) turns into camp when you learn the key character revelation is said husband’s habit of getting his back waxed.
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Christian Meier, Barbara Mori, Angelica Aragon, Manolo Cardona; Director: Ricardo de Montreuil; Author: Jaime Bayly; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted April 19 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How well do you know 'Back to the Future'?
- Harry Styles interview about One Direction tour, Zayn Malik
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies': 4 new photos and director's dish
- What critics thought of 'Back to the Future' 30 years ago
- Jon Stewart rips into Donald Trump defenders
- Kendrick Lamar hits back at Geraldo Rivera after BET Awards criticism
- Meghan Trainor postpones two shows