You could dismiss this swankily shot Latin American trifle as an upscale soap opera, but that would be an insult to soap operas. La Mujer de Mi Hermano is really two ”racy” women’s-magazine articles yoked into feature form. The first (”I Slept With My Husband’s Brother”) sounds kinkier than it is: The husband (Christian Meier) is a dullard, the wife (Bárbara Mori) a vacuous beauty, the brother (Manolo Cardona) a cliché lout. The second (”Is Your Husband Gay?”) turns into camp when you learn the key character revelation is said husband’s habit of getting his back waxed.
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Christian Meier, Barbara Mori, Angelica Aragon, Manolo Cardona; Director: Ricardo de Montreuil; Author: Jaime Bayly; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Chance the Rapper remixes Jeremih's 'Planes'
- Homeland going to Germany for season 5
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Everything that hinted at McDreamy's death
- 'Friday Night Lights' alum joins 'Chicago Fire'
- Daniel Brühl confirms role as Marvel villain
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Sansa is a 'fake it till you make it' expert on 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo tweets about life after McDreamy