You could dismiss this swankily shot Latin American trifle as an upscale soap opera, but that would be an insult to soap operas. La Mujer de Mi Hermano is really two ”racy” women’s-magazine articles yoked into feature form. The first (”I Slept With My Husband’s Brother”) sounds kinkier than it is: The husband (Christian Meier) is a dullard, the wife (Bárbara Mori) a vacuous beauty, the brother (Manolo Cardona) a cliché lout. The second (”Is Your Husband Gay?”) turns into camp when you learn the key character revelation is said husband’s habit of getting his back waxed.
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Christian Meier, Barbara Mori, Angelica Aragon, Manolo Cardona; Director: Ricardo de Montreuil; Author: Jaime Bayly; Release Date Limited: 04/14/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted April 19 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'