You could dismiss this swankily shot Latin American trifle as an upscale soap opera, but that would be an insult to soap operas. La Mujer de Mi Hermano is really two ”racy” women’s-magazine articles yoked into feature form. The first (”I Slept With My Husband’s Brother”) sounds kinkier than it is: The husband (Christian Meier) is a dullard, the wife (Bárbara Mori) a vacuous beauty, the brother (Manolo Cardona) a cliché lout. The second (”Is Your Husband Gay?”) turns into camp when you learn the key character revelation is said husband’s habit of getting his back waxed.
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Christian Meier, Barbara Mori, Angelica Aragon, Manolo Cardona; Director: Ricardo de Montreuil; Author: Jaime Bayly; Release Date Limited: 04/14/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted April 19 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'
- 'Game of Thrones' star Maisie Williams: 'It's time to wrap this up'
- Nate Parker comments on rape trial controversy in Ebony interview
- 'Beauty and the Beast' photos reveal Cogsworth, Lumière, and the Prince