You could dismiss this swankily shot Latin American trifle as an upscale soap opera, but that would be an insult to soap operas. La Mujer de Mi Hermano is really two ”racy” women’s-magazine articles yoked into feature form. The first (”I Slept With My Husband’s Brother”) sounds kinkier than it is: The husband (Christian Meier) is a dullard, the wife (Bárbara Mori) a vacuous beauty, the brother (Manolo Cardona) a cliché lout. The second (”Is Your Husband Gay?”) turns into camp when you learn the key character revelation is said husband’s habit of getting his back waxed.
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Christian Meier, Barbara Mori, Angelica Aragon, Manolo Cardona; Director: Ricardo de Montreuil; Author: Jaime Bayly; Release Date Limited: 04/14/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted April 19 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony
- 'Silence' reviews: Martin Scorsese's grand epic becomes dull roar
- 'GOTG 2' director James Gunn says Baby Groot isn't a marketing ploy
- Tim Miller on his 'Deadpool 2' exit: 'Don't believe what you read'
- Carrie Fisher feels 'guilty' over publicity of Harrison Ford affair
- Dwayne Johnson has been milking his 'Sexiest Man Alive' title at home
- Kirk Douglas celebrates 100th birthday with lavish party