Thanks to linguists Tom and Katie, we all now know that ”Suri” supposedly means ”princess” in Hebrew and ”red rose” in Persian. (Alas, my Hebrew-to-English and Farsi-to-English dictionaries are in the shop, so I haven’t confirmed those translations.) Now, thanks to the U.K.’s Times Online, we also know that it means ”pickpocket” in Japanese. And of course, in every language, it means ”publicity blitz.” Anyway, I applaud the new parents for their cleverness in picking a name so versatile that, no matter where the little girl travels, she’ll be snickered at behind her back.
Posted April 19 2006 — 3:31 PM EDT
- See Taylor Swift go behind the scenes of 'Out of the Woods' video
- See the new trailer for USA's female drug kingpin saga 'Queen of the South'
- Drake Bell previews 'Drake & Josh' reunion on 'Grandfathered'
- The Oscars thank-you scroll: Will it liven up the show?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' exclusive: Spencer & Aria investigate Sara Harvey
- 'Frozen' animator Lino DiSalvo to direct Playmobil movie
- Hear Beyoncé's hot sauce-themed playlist