Thanks to linguists Tom and Katie, we all now know that ”Suri” supposedly means ”princess” in Hebrew and ”red rose” in Persian. (Alas, my Hebrew-to-English and Farsi-to-English dictionaries are in the shop, so I haven’t confirmed those translations.) Now, thanks to the U.K.’s Times Online, we also know that it means ”pickpocket” in Japanese. And of course, in every language, it means ”publicity blitz.” Anyway, I applaud the new parents for their cleverness in picking a name so versatile that, no matter where the little girl travels, she’ll be snickered at behind her back.
Posted April 19 2006 — 3:31 PM EDT
- Melissa McCarthy, 50 Cent, more audition for Han Solo role on 'Conan'
- Trump slams Ailes' accusers: 'I know how much he's helped them'
- Joe Perry performs for first time since hospitalization
- WATCH: 'Black Panther' director on representation in superhero movies
- WATCH: 'Spider-Man' director confirms Zendaya character name
- 'Captain America: Steve Rogers' writer Nick Spencer talks angering fans
- WATCH: 'Workaholics' stars talk Oscar Isaac, cannibalism, and more