In Mary Harron’s frisky and fascinating biopic, Gretchen Mol, as the legendary ’50s pinup, gets Page’s naughty/nice erotic charisma to an astonishing degree. Yet the film doesn’t explore her interior life in any revelatory way.
The Notorious Bettie Page In Mary Harron's frisky and fascinating biopic, Gretchen Mol, as the legendary '50s pinup, gets Page's naughty/nice erotic charisma to an astonishing...The Notorious Bettie PageBiographyMary HarronPT91MR In Mary Harron's frisky and fascinating biopic, Gretchen Mol, as the legendary '50s pinup, gets Page's naughty/nice erotic charisma to an astonishing...2006-04-21David StrathairnLili TaylorDavid Strathairn, Lili TaylorPicturehouse
Genre: Biography; Starring: Gretchen Mol, David Strathairn, Lili Taylor; Director: Mary Harron; Author: Mary Harron; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Picturehouse
Posted April 21 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Rihanna's 'BBHMM' was co-produced by Kanye West
- Are your old Harry Potter books worth anything?
- Blur is back: Watch first live performance of 'Go Out'
- Jason Jones says goodbye to 'The Daily Show'
- Zayn Malik on leaving One Direction: 'I feel like I'm doing what's right'
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!