While it didn’t make the box office swoon, Casanova, like its namesake, is a handsome romantic charmer that promises only a fun romp, and delivers. EXTRAS In his director’s commentary, Lasse Hallström shares filmmaking secrets like how to manipulate greenscreens to turn 1,000 people into 4,000. The making-of featurettes ”Creating an Adventure” and ”Dressing in Style” outline the intricacy of filming an entire movie in Venice and conjuring the look and feel of 1753, with the ornate sets and costumes; says Heath Ledger, ”It was like shooting in a museum.”
(Casanova: Doane Gregory)
Genre: Romance; Starring: Heath Ledger, Sienna Miller, Jeremy Irons; Director: Lasse Hallstrom; Author: Jeffrey Hatcher; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures
Posted April 25 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's biggest surprises
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit