While it didn’t make the box office swoon, Casanova, like its namesake, is a handsome romantic charmer that promises only a fun romp, and delivers. EXTRAS In his director’s commentary, Lasse Hallström shares filmmaking secrets like how to manipulate greenscreens to turn 1,000 people into 4,000. The making-of featurettes ”Creating an Adventure” and ”Dressing in Style” outline the intricacy of filming an entire movie in Venice and conjuring the look and feel of 1753, with the ornate sets and costumes; says Heath Ledger, ”It was like shooting in a museum.”
(Casanova: Doane Gregory)
Genre: Romance; Starring: Heath Ledger, Sienna Miller, Jeremy Irons; Director: Lasse Hallstrom; Author: Jeffrey Hatcher; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Listen to EW's Sirius XM spotlight on the women of comedy, featuring Kristen Schaal
- De La Soul to fund new album via Kickstarter
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' spinoff finds its Hawkgirl: Broadway star Ciara Renee
- Wilco protests Indiana law, nixes concert
- Oxygen, Esquire Network partner on companion series 'Living With Funny,' 'Comedians of L.A.'
- 'The Flash': Mark Hamill on reprising Trickster role, bringing out epic 'Star Wars' nod
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!