While it didn’t make the box office swoon, Casanova, like its namesake, is a handsome romantic charmer that promises only a fun romp, and delivers. EXTRAS In his director’s commentary, Lasse Hallström shares filmmaking secrets like how to manipulate greenscreens to turn 1,000 people into 4,000. The making-of featurettes ”Creating an Adventure” and ”Dressing in Style” outline the intricacy of filming an entire movie in Venice and conjuring the look and feel of 1753, with the ornate sets and costumes; says Heath Ledger, ”It was like shooting in a museum.”
(Casanova: Doane Gregory)
Genre: Romance; Starring: Heath Ledger, Sienna Miller, Jeremy Irons; Director: Lasse Hallstrom; Author: Jeffrey Hatcher; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures
Posted April 25 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!