While it didn’t make the box office swoon, Casanova, like its namesake, is a handsome romantic charmer that promises only a fun romp, and delivers. EXTRAS In his director’s commentary, Lasse Hallström shares filmmaking secrets like how to manipulate greenscreens to turn 1,000 people into 4,000. The making-of featurettes ”Creating an Adventure” and ”Dressing in Style” outline the intricacy of filming an entire movie in Venice and conjuring the look and feel of 1753, with the ornate sets and costumes; says Heath Ledger, ”It was like shooting in a museum.”
(Casanova: Doane Gregory)
Genre: Romance; Starring: Heath Ledger, Sienna Miller, Jeremy Irons; Director: Lasse Hallstrom; Author: Jeffrey Hatcher; Release Date Limited: 12/25/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures
Posted April 25 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Reese Witherspoon is 'thinking about’ another 'Legally Blonde' sequel