Many years ago, I got to meet the guys from Radiohead and found them to be nice, modest, charming, polite Englishmen – this was after they had established themselves as electrifying live performers but before they had become Reluctant Rock Messiahs. I’m not sure they’ve ever managed to save rock & roll, but I did always appreciate that they do things their own way, which now includes touring next month with a setlist of new songs but no album release. Today, the band announced dates and venues where you can hear Thom Yorke (pictured) and the boys perform their yet-unheard music. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at their website. Meanwhile, you can watch their progress toward recording the new album via photos on Radiohead’s Dead Air Space blog.
Posted May 1 2006 — 9:45 PM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters