Many years ago, I got to meet the guys from Radiohead and found them to be nice, modest, charming, polite Englishmen – this was after they had established themselves as electrifying live performers but before they had become Reluctant Rock Messiahs. I’m not sure they’ve ever managed to save rock & roll, but I did always appreciate that they do things their own way, which now includes touring next month with a setlist of new songs but no album release. Today, the band announced dates and venues where you can hear Thom Yorke (pictured) and the boys perform their yet-unheard music. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at their website. Meanwhile, you can watch their progress toward recording the new album via photos on Radiohead’s Dead Air Space blog.
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- 'Justified' postmortem: Jere Burns talks about Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' season 2 premiere react: The show's best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' finale: Saying goodbye to the cul-de-sac crew
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized: Report
- David Duchovny on 'Late Show': 'X-Files' revival plans return of Walter Skinner and Smoking Man
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!