Don’t let the Carl Hiaasen pedigree fool you: Hoot is an Afterschool Special too crummy to give a hoot about. Roy (Logan Lerman), the new kid at a Florida middle school, tries to save a clearing of owls from a corporate meanie who wants to pave paradise and put up a pancake house. Incidentally, are we meant to read anything into the way that Roy befriends a girl soccer hellion (Brie Larson) — the Kristy McNichol role — yet shows far more interest in the local runaway, a barefoot sprinter (Cody Linley) styled to look like Christopher Atkins in The Blue Lagoon? Just asking.
(Hoot: Glenn Watson)
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy; Starring: Logan Lerman, Cody Linley, Brie Larson, Luke Wilson; Director: Wil Shriner; Author: Wil Shriner; Release Date Wide: 05/05/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted May 3 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Oscars Secret Ballot: Industry insiders reveal their votes
- 'American Idol': See why Fantasia & La'Porsha got a standing ovation
- Watch Melissa McCarthy start a Girl Scout war in NSFW trailer for 'The Boss'
- 'X-Files' first look: The Lone Gunmen return!
- '11.22.63': James Franco says playing a time-traveler is 'discombobulating'
- TV Jukebox: 6 songs to remember from TV this week
- The 9 lives of Meredith Grey