Don’t let the Carl Hiaasen pedigree fool you: Hoot is an Afterschool Special too crummy to give a hoot about. Roy (Logan Lerman), the new kid at a Florida middle school, tries to save a clearing of owls from a corporate meanie who wants to pave paradise and put up a pancake house. Incidentally, are we meant to read anything into the way that Roy befriends a girl soccer hellion (Brie Larson) — the Kristy McNichol role — yet shows far more interest in the local runaway, a barefoot sprinter (Cody Linley) styled to look like Christopher Atkins in The Blue Lagoon? Just asking.
(Hoot: Glenn Watson)
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy; Starring: Logan Lerman, Cody Linley, Brie Larson, Luke Wilson; Director: Wil Shriner; Author: Wil Shriner; Release Date Wide: 05/05/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!