Don’t let the Carl Hiaasen pedigree fool you: Hoot is an Afterschool Special too crummy to give a hoot about. Roy (Logan Lerman), the new kid at a Florida middle school, tries to save a clearing of owls from a corporate meanie who wants to pave paradise and put up a pancake house. Incidentally, are we meant to read anything into the way that Roy befriends a girl soccer hellion (Brie Larson) — the Kristy McNichol role — yet shows far more interest in the local runaway, a barefoot sprinter (Cody Linley) styled to look like Christopher Atkins in The Blue Lagoon? Just asking.
(Hoot: Glenn Watson)
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy; Starring: Logan Lerman, Cody Linley, Brie Larson, Luke Wilson; Director: Wil Shriner; Author: Wil Shriner; Release Date Wide: 05/05/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted May 3 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt