Don’t let the Carl Hiaasen pedigree fool you: Hoot is an Afterschool Special too crummy to give a hoot about. Roy (Logan Lerman), the new kid at a Florida middle school, tries to save a clearing of owls from a corporate meanie who wants to pave paradise and put up a pancake house. Incidentally, are we meant to read anything into the way that Roy befriends a girl soccer hellion (Brie Larson) — the Kristy McNichol role — yet shows far more interest in the local runaway, a barefoot sprinter (Cody Linley) styled to look like Christopher Atkins in The Blue Lagoon? Just asking.
(Hoot: Glenn Watson)
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy; Starring: Logan Lerman, Cody Linley, Brie Larson, Luke Wilson; Director: Wil Shriner; Author: Wil Shriner; Release Date Wide: 05/05/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted May 3 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump for hugging a flag onstage
- Lorraine Toussaint to guest star on 'Black-ish'
- 'Sing' cast poses with animated animal counterparts — exclusive photos
- Jimmy Kimmel combines Trump TV and 'The Walking Dead' in new parody
- Kesha has written 22 new songs
- Will Ferrell's George W. Bush trashes 'disgraced pumpkin' Donald Trump
- Ron Howard responds to Tom Hanks' 'SNL' impersonation
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?