As if the imminent arrival of Preakness Day wasn’t enough to have me bouncing off my office walls this morning, I just found a promo of ABC’s new fall series, Betty the Ugly, posted on YouTube. (Catch it now before ABC makes ‘em remove it!) Sure, it kind of looks like the awkward small-screen sister of The Devil Wears Prada, but it’s a promising sign that a little Diet Dr. Pepper almost went up my nose during that scene where the guy gags at Betty’s Guadalajara poncho. With the imminently winning America Ferrera (pictured) in the title role, and Vanessa L. Williams serving the patented brand of bitchery that fit her so perfectly in A Diva’s Christmas Carol, I’m already planning to make room on my DVR. How about you?
Posted May 19 2006 — 1:56 PM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!