As if the imminent arrival of Preakness Day wasn’t enough to have me bouncing off my office walls this morning, I just found a promo of ABC’s new fall series, Betty the Ugly, posted on YouTube. (Catch it now before ABC makes ‘em remove it!) Sure, it kind of looks like the awkward small-screen sister of The Devil Wears Prada, but it’s a promising sign that a little Diet Dr. Pepper almost went up my nose during that scene where the guy gags at Betty’s Guadalajara poncho. With the imminently winning America Ferrera (pictured) in the title role, and Vanessa L. Williams serving the patented brand of bitchery that fit her so perfectly in A Diva’s Christmas Carol, I’m already planning to make room on my DVR. How about you?
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as 'Suicide Squad' Joker: David Ayer tweets a photo
- Why Tidal's success (or failure) doesn't matter
- Celebrities express their support for Bruce Jenner