As if the imminent arrival of Preakness Day wasn’t enough to have me bouncing off my office walls this morning, I just found a promo of ABC’s new fall series, Betty the Ugly, posted on YouTube. (Catch it now before ABC makes ‘em remove it!) Sure, it kind of looks like the awkward small-screen sister of The Devil Wears Prada, but it’s a promising sign that a little Diet Dr. Pepper almost went up my nose during that scene where the guy gags at Betty’s Guadalajara poncho. With the imminently winning America Ferrera (pictured) in the title role, and Vanessa L. Williams serving the patented brand of bitchery that fit her so perfectly in A Diva’s Christmas Carol, I’m already planning to make room on my DVR. How about you?
Posted May 19 2006 — 1:56 PM EDT
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge explains Ethan's evolution
- 'Graceland' costar Vanessa Ferlito breaks down 'Chester Cheeto' and Charlie's big lie
- Sean Combs UCLA fight: No felony charge
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg to reteam for 'Mile 22'
- Channing Tatum is 21 and adorable in this video from Fashion Week 2002
- Taylor Swift's '1989' leads Nielsen's mid-year charts, naturally
- Disney princes get a Magic Mike makeover