As if the imminent arrival of Preakness Day wasn’t enough to have me bouncing off my office walls this morning, I just found a promo of ABC’s new fall series, Betty the Ugly, posted on YouTube. (Catch it now before ABC makes ‘em remove it!) Sure, it kind of looks like the awkward small-screen sister of The Devil Wears Prada, but it’s a promising sign that a little Diet Dr. Pepper almost went up my nose during that scene where the guy gags at Betty’s Guadalajara poncho. With the imminently winning America Ferrera (pictured) in the title role, and Vanessa L. Williams serving the patented brand of bitchery that fit her so perfectly in A Diva’s Christmas Carol, I’m already planning to make room on my DVR. How about you?
Posted May 19 2006 — 1:56 PM EDT
- Marvel's Jessica Jones is 'incredibly flawed'
- Want to buy Jesse's 'Breaking Bad' house?
- 'Outlander' exclusive: King Louis XV cast for season 2
- Matthew Broderick joins Broadway's dog play, Sylvia
- Hunter S. Thompson talks outlaws and Hell's Angels in new 'Blank on Blank' clip
- Get a first look at NBC’s new thriller 'Blindspot'
- Little Mix give Whitney Houston and Jason Derulo an awesome gospel-style mash up
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!