Out of everybody in the cast, Zach’s changed the most. When I first met him at the read-through for the Scrubs pilot five years ago, he was this eager, bright-eyed, and bushy-tailed guy. Zach came up and introduced himself and was so friendly — and I had no idea at all who he was. Now he’s a freakin’ Hollywood stud! After the first year of Scrubs, we were roommates for a summer in New York, a real-life J.D. and Turk. I was shooting a movie and he was doing a play, and he was excited about this thing he’d written, Garden State. Who knew it would be so big? But we don’t let success go to his head. There’s a No A–hole Policy at Scrubs, and we’re ready to take him down a peg if needed. If we want the extras to be quiet during filming, someone will point to Zach and yell out, ”Please keep it down. This man is a star. He’s the voice of Chicken Little and needs to focus on his lines!” Next year on the show, I’m going to have a baby, and I’m hoping that we’ll see Zach and me get into trouble with the kid. I bet Zach can make that happen…. He’s got some clout now.
Posted May 19 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!