AOL’s Internet TV site In2TV provides a serious time suck (in a good way), with free streaming video of classic TV from Eight Is Enough to Welcome Back, Kotter to La Femme Nikita. But before we gush too much, a few caveats: It’s hardly glitch-free; there are commercials embedded; and it requires a PC. Attempts to get all 21st century with interactive touches yield mixed results — the Starplay channel featuring before-they-were-famous guest spots (see sidebar) is addictive, but the Betcha Didn’t Know trivia quiz is more trouble than it’s worth. Still, they had us at Perfect Strangers.
Posted May 19 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- U2 performs tribute to Lou Reed with Paul Simon at Madison Square Garden
- How to pretend you've read 'Infinite Jest'
- Elders react to 'Batman v Superman' trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner talks comic villain Negan in season 6
- 'American Ultra' teaser: Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart fight the government
- Ice-T lends his voice to 'Dora the Explorer,' 'The Smurfs' and 'Care Bears'
- Let's rank the 'Mission: Impossible' movies
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!