AOL’s Internet TV site In2TV provides a serious time suck (in a good way), with free streaming video of classic TV from Eight Is Enough to Welcome Back, Kotter to La Femme Nikita. But before we gush too much, a few caveats: It’s hardly glitch-free; there are commercials embedded; and it requires a PC. Attempts to get all 21st century with interactive touches yield mixed results — the Starplay channel featuring before-they-were-famous guest spots (see sidebar) is addictive, but the Betcha Didn’t Know trivia quiz is more trouble than it’s worth. Still, they had us at Perfect Strangers.
Posted May 19 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Creed': Watch the first trailer for the 'Rocky' spinoff
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- How do Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy compare?
- Watch out, Frank and Claire: Neve Campbell joins 'House of Cards'
- Taylor Towsend will play Julie Cooper in 'The O.C. Musical'
- The wedding is over for It Shoulda Been You on Broadway
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!