Nope, I didn’t get choked up, but Will & Grace ended last night on a sweet, and sweetly amusing, note. While the series finale occasionally strained the outer limits of believability – the BFFs fight, go a full two years without speaking, reunite (with some help from Jack and Karen, pictured), drift apart, then become joined at the hip again when their respective son and daughter meet at college and decide to get married (wha?) – who really looks to a sitcom for iron-clad storylines? Far more important, the hourlong episode allowed the titular duo to finally find love with their long-running romantic interests (Vince and Leo), and contained at least a half-dozen laugh-out-loud punch lines, including Karen’s advice to Jack on becoming a kept man: ”Oh, you’ll do it. You’ll do it the same way any other self-respecting woman does. Get on your back, point your heels to Jesus, and think of handbags.” Not only that, Jack and Karen’s duet of ”Unforgettable,” and the last-act toast among the four lead characters, provided nice meta closure to a long-running (if somewhat inconsistent) sitcom staple. That’s my take, anyway. What did you think of last night’s series finale?
Posted May 19 2006 — 9:56 PM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!