Nope, I didn’t get choked up, but Will & Grace ended last night on a sweet, and sweetly amusing, note. While the series finale occasionally strained the outer limits of believability – the BFFs fight, go a full two years without speaking, reunite (with some help from Jack and Karen, pictured), drift apart, then become joined at the hip again when their respective son and daughter meet at college and decide to get married (wha?) – who really looks to a sitcom for iron-clad storylines? Far more important, the hourlong episode allowed the titular duo to finally find love with their long-running romantic interests (Vince and Leo), and contained at least a half-dozen laugh-out-loud punch lines, including Karen’s advice to Jack on becoming a kept man: ”Oh, you’ll do it. You’ll do it the same way any other self-respecting woman does. Get on your back, point your heels to Jesus, and think of handbags.” Not only that, Jack and Karen’s duet of ”Unforgettable,” and the last-act toast among the four lead characters, provided nice meta closure to a long-running (if somewhat inconsistent) sitcom staple. That’s my take, anyway. What did you think of last night’s series finale?
Posted May 19 2006 — 9:56 PM EDT
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!