Nope, I didn’t get choked up, but Will & Grace ended last night on a sweet, and sweetly amusing, note. While the series finale occasionally strained the outer limits of believability – the BFFs fight, go a full two years without speaking, reunite (with some help from Jack and Karen, pictured), drift apart, then become joined at the hip again when their respective son and daughter meet at college and decide to get married (wha?) – who really looks to a sitcom for iron-clad storylines? Far more important, the hourlong episode allowed the titular duo to finally find love with their long-running romantic interests (Vince and Leo), and contained at least a half-dozen laugh-out-loud punch lines, including Karen’s advice to Jack on becoming a kept man: ”Oh, you’ll do it. You’ll do it the same way any other self-respecting woman does. Get on your back, point your heels to Jesus, and think of handbags.” Not only that, Jack and Karen’s duet of ”Unforgettable,” and the last-act toast among the four lead characters, provided nice meta closure to a long-running (if somewhat inconsistent) sitcom staple. That’s my take, anyway. What did you think of last night’s series finale?
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- Who is Trevor Noah? He could be the next Daily Show host
- Jerry Seinfeld on Wale: 'He's got that true artistic spirit'
- 'Orphan Black' star Jordan Gavaris talks Felix
- Kids' Choice Awards host Nick Jonas answers questions from kids
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!