Nope, I didn’t get choked up, but Will & Grace ended last night on a sweet, and sweetly amusing, note. While the series finale occasionally strained the outer limits of believability – the BFFs fight, go a full two years without speaking, reunite (with some help from Jack and Karen, pictured), drift apart, then become joined at the hip again when their respective son and daughter meet at college and decide to get married (wha?) – who really looks to a sitcom for iron-clad storylines? Far more important, the hourlong episode allowed the titular duo to finally find love with their long-running romantic interests (Vince and Leo), and contained at least a half-dozen laugh-out-loud punch lines, including Karen’s advice to Jack on becoming a kept man: ”Oh, you’ll do it. You’ll do it the same way any other self-respecting woman does. Get on your back, point your heels to Jesus, and think of handbags.” Not only that, Jack and Karen’s duet of ”Unforgettable,” and the last-act toast among the four lead characters, provided nice meta closure to a long-running (if somewhat inconsistent) sitcom staple. That’s my take, anyway. What did you think of last night’s series finale?
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo