Nope, I didn’t get choked up, but Will & Grace ended last night on a sweet, and sweetly amusing, note. While the series finale occasionally strained the outer limits of believability – the BFFs fight, go a full two years without speaking, reunite (with some help from Jack and Karen, pictured), drift apart, then become joined at the hip again when their respective son and daughter meet at college and decide to get married (wha?) – who really looks to a sitcom for iron-clad storylines? Far more important, the hourlong episode allowed the titular duo to finally find love with their long-running romantic interests (Vince and Leo), and contained at least a half-dozen laugh-out-loud punch lines, including Karen’s advice to Jack on becoming a kept man: ”Oh, you’ll do it. You’ll do it the same way any other self-respecting woman does. Get on your back, point your heels to Jesus, and think of handbags.” Not only that, Jack and Karen’s duet of ”Unforgettable,” and the last-act toast among the four lead characters, provided nice meta closure to a long-running (if somewhat inconsistent) sitcom staple. That’s my take, anyway. What did you think of last night’s series finale?
Posted May 19 2006 — 9:56 PM EDT
- 'Ithaca' trailer: Meg Ryan, Tom Hanks reunite in her directorial debut
- 'MacGyver': Tristin Mays joins the CBS reboot as series regular
- 'Gilmore Girls': Lorelai and Rory talk Amy Schumer in first trailer
- Netflix sets 'Gilmore Girls' premiere date
- 'Awkward' star Beau Mirchoff joins 'Flatliners' reboot
- Weekend Update team pokes fun at Bernie Sanders supporters at DNC
- Joe Jonas surprises Demi Lovato with 'Camp Rock' reunion
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels