This just in: My colleague Gary Susman informs me that there’s no need for my growing anxiety that after Wednesday night’s American Idol season finale, my life will devolve into an empty, meaningless, sucking eddy of despair, ennui, and substandard entertainment options. In fact, he tells me there’s a magical place on the Internet, called AOL Music, where singers not named Taylor Hicks or Elliott Yamin or Paris Bennett or Chris Daughtry have new albums streaming free of charge. (Who’d’ve thunk?) This week, they’re featuring Johnny Cash, Def Leppard, Michael Bolton, Phoenix, Yo Gotti, The Wreckers, and Harry Nilsson, among others, plus the Dixie Chicks, who, in addition to having recorded some pretty ear-catching new tunes, are apparently on the cover of this week’s Time. Sheesh, it’s amazing what you discover when you take a break from voting on AOL’s ”Who should be the Idol?” poll.
Posted May 22 2006 — 9:56 PM EDT
- Happy Valentine's Day! Read highlights from Aziz Ansari's 'Modern Romance'
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner previews introduction of the Hilltop
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here