And I am telling you I’m so going… to see Dreamgirls when it hits theaters in December, that is. Yeah, I know I’m being unforgivably earnest in my enthusiasm, but how to curb it, what with the way Dreamworks keeps doling out outtakes and backstage scenes from the Bill Condon-helmed version of the Tony-winning musical? The latest ”making-of” footage looks and sounds (mostly) promising, in particular, the gazillion gorgeous costumes and several catchy song snippets. Even better, it looks like the all-star cast is delivering dramatically, too: Former American Idol contestant Jennifer Hudson (center) more than holds her own staring down Oscar winner Jamie Foxx (at left), while Eddie Murphy looks like he’s finally found a role that stretches him beyond his recent run of toddler-skewing comedies. That said, one scene made me a little skittish – that stilted ”are you okay?” exchange between Beyoncé (at right) and J.Hud. Hey, Mr. Condon, if you’re listening, there’s still time for a reshoot. What did you think of the Dreamgirls making-of trailer? And is it on your must-see holiday movie list?
Posted May 23 2006 — 4:56 PM EDT
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!