And I am telling you I’m so going… to see Dreamgirls when it hits theaters in December, that is. Yeah, I know I’m being unforgivably earnest in my enthusiasm, but how to curb it, what with the way Dreamworks keeps doling out outtakes and backstage scenes from the Bill Condon-helmed version of the Tony-winning musical? The latest ”making-of” footage looks and sounds (mostly) promising, in particular, the gazillion gorgeous costumes and several catchy song snippets. Even better, it looks like the all-star cast is delivering dramatically, too: Former American Idol contestant Jennifer Hudson (center) more than holds her own staring down Oscar winner Jamie Foxx (at left), while Eddie Murphy looks like he’s finally found a role that stretches him beyond his recent run of toddler-skewing comedies. That said, one scene made me a little skittish – that stilted ”are you okay?” exchange between Beyoncé (at right) and J.Hud. Hey, Mr. Condon, if you’re listening, there’s still time for a reshoot. What did you think of the Dreamgirls making-of trailer? And is it on your must-see holiday movie list?
Posted May 23 2006 — 4:56 PM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles