Ellen Page (Hard Candy, X-Men: The Last Stand) tumbles through Mouth to Mouth’s glassy-eyed coming-of-age tale, which, despite its indifferent Euro backdrop, plays like an all-American wine-cooler hangover. Sherry (Page) is an overtraveled, underparented teen who falls in with a multiculti homeless-outreach group — emphasis on ”cult.” Before she knows it, she’s deep in the musky thrall of group founder Harry (Eric Thal). Writer-director Alison Murray picks at a hard, true hurt in this zombie melodrama of defloration, but nothing beyond that hurt really comes into focus.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ellen Page, Eric Thal, Natasha Wightman; Director: Alison Murray; Author: Alison Murray; Release Date Limited: 05/19/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Artistic License Films
Posted May 24 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kristen Stewart, James Franco, Helena Bonham Carter join 'JT LeRoy'
- In defense of Cuba Gooding Jr. as O.J. Simpson
- 'The People v. O.J. Simpson': How the White Bronco chase was recreated
- 'Star Wars' meets 'Mario Kart' in 'Star Kart' fan video
- Courteney Cox sitcom 'Charity Case' lands pilot at Fox
- 'Frozen' holiday special to air on ABC in 2017
- Ben Stiller, Penélope Cruz strut on 'Zoolander 2' premiere's red-carpet runway