If there were an award for mangiest set decoration, See No Evil — a routine slasher film set in a condemned hotel — might cop it. Every room is an overstuffed attic of bugs, rats, vats, garbage, and scummy corroded walls. A crew of delinquents are asked to clean the place up in order to shave a month off their youth-prison sentence, and whenever two of them stop to have sex, you don’t fear for their lives — you quake for their hygiene. As the killer, who plucks out his victims’ eyeballs, Kane, the seven-foot bald WWE wrestler who’s like a modern Tor Johnson, is so inept he’s more cuddly than terrifying.
(See No Evil: WWE)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Glen Jacobs, Michael J. Pagan, Christina Vidal; Director: Gregory Dark; Author: Dan Madigan; Producer (person): Vince McMahon; Release Date Wide: 05/19/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted May 24 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' exclusive clip: Mary Lynn Rajskub is Boyle's dream woman
- 'The Vampire Diaries' can't take a bite out of the competition
- James Bond kills supercut: Shocking, positively shocking
- What we learned from the 'Pretty Little Liars' Comic-Con panel
- Hear that amazing Kelly Clarkson 'Already Gone' cover from this week's 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Justin Bieber reveals cover art for new album, 'Purpose'
- See the cover for 'Eligible,' Curtis Sittenfeld's 'Pride and Prejudice' retelling -- exclusive