If there were an award for mangiest set decoration, See No Evil — a routine slasher film set in a condemned hotel — might cop it. Every room is an overstuffed attic of bugs, rats, vats, garbage, and scummy corroded walls. A crew of delinquents are asked to clean the place up in order to shave a month off their youth-prison sentence, and whenever two of them stop to have sex, you don’t fear for their lives — you quake for their hygiene. As the killer, who plucks out his victims’ eyeballs, Kane, the seven-foot bald WWE wrestler who’s like a modern Tor Johnson, is so inept he’s more cuddly than terrifying.
(See No Evil: WWE)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Glen Jacobs, Michael J. Pagan, Christina Vidal; Director: Gregory Dark; Author: Dan Madigan; Producer (person): Vince McMahon; Release Date Wide: 05/19/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted May 24 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: Jacques Audiard's 'Dheepan' wins the Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!