If there were an award for mangiest set decoration, See No Evil — a routine slasher film set in a condemned hotel — might cop it. Every room is an overstuffed attic of bugs, rats, vats, garbage, and scummy corroded walls. A crew of delinquents are asked to clean the place up in order to shave a month off their youth-prison sentence, and whenever two of them stop to have sex, you don’t fear for their lives — you quake for their hygiene. As the killer, who plucks out his victims’ eyeballs, Kane, the seven-foot bald WWE wrestler who’s like a modern Tor Johnson, is so inept he’s more cuddly than terrifying.
(See No Evil: WWE)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Glen Jacobs, Michael J. Pagan, Christina Vidal; Director: Gregory Dark; Author: Dan Madigan; Producer (person): Vince McMahon; Release Date Wide: 05/19/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted May 24 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Joss Whedon shares which Avenger he’d pick as president
- 'Game of Thrones': Emilia Clarke bares teeth with her 'dragon pack'
- Herschell Gordon Lewis, horror's 'godfather of gore,' dies at 87
- William Friedkin set for 'French Connection' anniversary screening
- WATCH: 'The Voice' coaches go head-to-head on game night
- 'Westworld' releases trippy new poster
- 'That Golden Girls Show' transforms quartet into puppets