From the Department of Duh: Hasbro is scrapping plans to manufacture a line of dolls modeled after the Pussycat Dolls after receiving thousands of complaints from parents who, for some reason, didn’t think that toys inspired by the burlesque girl-group were appropriate for 6-year-olds. Alas, this means we also probably won’t ever see that R. Kelly coloring book, or that Big Love Barbie set – actually three Barbies, one Ken, and three adjoining Dreamhouses with a single backyard.
Posted May 25 2006 — 2:20 PM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!