From the Department of Duh: Hasbro is scrapping plans to manufacture a line of dolls modeled after the Pussycat Dolls after receiving thousands of complaints from parents who, for some reason, didn’t think that toys inspired by the burlesque girl-group were appropriate for 6-year-olds. Alas, this means we also probably won’t ever see that R. Kelly coloring book, or that Big Love Barbie set – actually three Barbies, one Ken, and three adjoining Dreamhouses with a single backyard.
Posted May 25 2006 — 2:20 PM EDT
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!