Mr. George Sidney — a wonderful director, bless his soul — saw me at a New Year’s Eve party at Las Vegas’ Sands Hotel in 1961. I was barely out of my teens, having a great time doing the twist, and I had the bright red hair. Ahh, dear! He just knew then that he wanted me in Bye Bye Birdie. Our biggest number was ”A Lot of Livin’ to Do.” Oh, my gosh, the adrenaline! We rehearsed that for three weeks and shot it for three days. I don’t think they spend that kind of time now. The dancing — we moved like chickens. I was lip-synching, but I always sang along. It wouldn’t look real if you didn’t. The outfit was a little daring for that time, the stretch capris. I happened to love that color. I think they called it Schiaparelli Pink. It was the exact color of cotton candy.
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner interview draws 16.9M viewers; best Friday night non-sports TV ratings since '03
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': Daisy Ridley reveals Rey secrets
- Bruce Jenner reality series will debut on E! in July
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'