Dan Brown’s theological scavenger-hunt mystery novel does for Christianity what JFK did for the Kennedy assassination, but Ron Howard’s dutiful, dogged adaptation fails to capture the excitement of the quest. Howard plays up the thriller mechanics, but the disappointment is how hokey and slipshod the religious detective story now seems. As Robert Langdon, Tom Hanks looks glum and a little lost.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou, Paul Bettany, Ian McKellen; Director: Ron Howard; Author: Akiva Goldsman; Release Date Wide: 05/19/2006; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Releasing
Posted May 26 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!