Dan Brown’s theological scavenger-hunt mystery novel does for Christianity what JFK did for the Kennedy assassination, but Ron Howard’s dutiful, dogged adaptation fails to capture the excitement of the quest. Howard plays up the thriller mechanics, but the disappointment is how hokey and slipshod the religious detective story now seems. As Robert Langdon, Tom Hanks looks glum and a little lost.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou, Paul Bettany, Ian McKellen; Director: Ron Howard; Author: Akiva Goldsman; Release Date Wide: 05/19/2006; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Releasing
Posted May 26 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!