Dan Brown’s theological scavenger-hunt mystery novel does for Christianity what JFK did for the Kennedy assassination, but Ron Howard’s dutiful, dogged adaptation fails to capture the excitement of the quest. Howard plays up the thriller mechanics, but the disappointment is how hokey and slipshod the religious detective story now seems. As Robert Langdon, Tom Hanks looks glum and a little lost.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou, Paul Bettany, Ian McKellen; Director: Ron Howard; Author: Akiva Goldsman; Release Date Wide: 05/19/2006; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Releasing
Posted May 26 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors