Dan Brown’s theological scavenger-hunt mystery novel does for Christianity what JFK did for the Kennedy assassination, but Ron Howard’s dutiful, dogged adaptation fails to capture the excitement of the quest. Howard plays up the thriller mechanics, but the disappointment is how hokey and slipshod the religious detective story now seems. As Robert Langdon, Tom Hanks looks glum and a little lost.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou, Paul Bettany, Ian McKellen; Director: Ron Howard; Author: Akiva Goldsman; Release Date Wide: 05/19/2006; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Releasing
Posted May 26 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations