Dan Brown’s theological scavenger-hunt mystery novel does for Christianity what JFK did for the Kennedy assassination, but Ron Howard’s dutiful, dogged adaptation fails to capture the excitement of the quest. Howard plays up the thriller mechanics, but the disappointment is how hokey and slipshod the religious detective story now seems. As Robert Langdon, Tom Hanks looks glum and a little lost.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou, Paul Bettany, Ian McKellen; Director: Ron Howard; Author: Akiva Goldsman; Release Date Wide: 05/19/2006; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Releasing
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More