Maybe every blockbuster should have ”Last Stand” in its title, seeing as editors across the nation appeared to be X-tra inspired by what could (but probably won’t) be their last chance to write a headline for an X-Men movie review. Sure, there were clunkers (Philadelphia Daily News’s “X-Men explores ethics of bio-engineering” sounds better suited to the New England Journal of Medicine), but as a whole, I was pleased to find a few good Men… headlines, that is. Here’s my top 5:
5. Milford Daily News: ‘Stand’ can’t deliver
4. Christian Science Monitor: ‘X’ marks the spotty sequel
3. New York Post: Rebels With a Claws
2. Australia’s X-Press Online: Mutancy on the Bounty
1. Columbus Dispatch: The joy of X
Oh, and for you Brett Ratner hatas, while MSNBC’s “Ratner ruins X-Men: The Last Stand” is certain to please, nothing tops SyFy Portal’s angry-geeky “Ratner Castrates X-Men: Michael Hinman gives final ensemble film three adamantium blades down.” Wonder how the dude really feels?