Taylor Hicks fans who visited Iowa’s Prairie Meadows racetrack yesterday should be a little bit richer this morning. That’s because the hunch bet of the year, a 4-year-old filly named Soul Patrol (which also happens to be the name of the American Idol champ’s fan club), was a wire-to-wire winner of the sixth race, paying $15.20 for a $2 win bet. I’ll wager my lunch money somebody in the crowd did their best impression of the gray-haired dude, pumping their fist and shouting, “Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol!” And with that, I return you to your regularly scheduled Internet surfing; as for me, I’m heading over to the local OTB to gamble away my lunch money. (For the record, PopWatch likes Poet Prince in the 9th at Calder.)
Posted May 26 2006 — 10:01 PM EDT
- It's a Brave New World in Disclosure's 'Holding On' video
- Magic Mike's Joe Manganiello reveals how his bromance with Pee-wee Herman led to a dream role
- Director of Harry Potter play says J.K. Rowling is 'responsible for a huge amount of literacy'
- George Takei takes down Donald Trump's definition of 'traditional marriage'
- Pedro Pascal is a boss to die for — literally—in 'Bloodsucking Bastards'
- Bruce Campbell in 'Ash vs Evil Dead': We've got the first image
- Game of Thrones: HBO reveals awesome construction sets from McFarlane Toys
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!