To be honest, I don’t even remember Melissa McGhee, but her take on Heart’s ”What About Love” is a perfectly generic cover that kicks off an entire album’s worth of expertly crafted mediocrity. With about 10,000 various effects and vocal backing tracks present, it’s hard to even tell most of the saccharine crooners apart on American Idol: Season 5 Encores, although I suppose Chris Daughtry should be given some sort of cookie for singing both Bon Jovi’s and Sambora’s parts on ”Wanted Dead or Alive.”
American Idol: Season 5 EncoresTo be honest, I don't even remember Melissa McGhee, but her take on Heart's ''What About Love'' is a perfectly generic cover that kicks off an entire...American Idol: Season 5 EncoresPopTo be honest, I don't even remember Melissa McGhee, but her take on Heart's ''What About Love'' is a perfectly generic cover that kicks off an entire...2006-05-29
(American Idol: Ray Mickshaw/FOX)
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): RCA
Posted May 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ross Marquand of 'TWD' to guest-star on 'The Mindy Project,' 'Deadbeat'
- Stephen Colbert thinks 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' sounds depressing
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996