To be honest, I don’t even remember Melissa McGhee, but her take on Heart’s ”What About Love” is a perfectly generic cover that kicks off an entire album’s worth of expertly crafted mediocrity. With about 10,000 various effects and vocal backing tracks present, it’s hard to even tell most of the saccharine crooners apart on American Idol: Season 5 Encores, although I suppose Chris Daughtry should be given some sort of cookie for singing both Bon Jovi’s and Sambora’s parts on ”Wanted Dead or Alive.”
American Idol: Season 5 EncoresTo be honest, I don't even remember Melissa McGhee, but her take on Heart's ''What About Love'' is a perfectly generic cover that kicks off an entire...American Idol: Season 5 EncoresPopTo be honest, I don't even remember Melissa McGhee, but her take on Heart's ''What About Love'' is a perfectly generic cover that kicks off an entire...2006-05-29
(American Idol: Ray Mickshaw/FOX)
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): RCA
Posted May 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!