To be honest, I don’t even remember Melissa McGhee, but her take on Heart’s ”What About Love” is a perfectly generic cover that kicks off an entire album’s worth of expertly crafted mediocrity. With about 10,000 various effects and vocal backing tracks present, it’s hard to even tell most of the saccharine crooners apart on American Idol: Season 5 Encores, although I suppose Chris Daughtry should be given some sort of cookie for singing both Bon Jovi’s and Sambora’s parts on ”Wanted Dead or Alive.”
American Idol: Season 5 EncoresTo be honest, I don't even remember Melissa McGhee, but her take on Heart's ''What About Love'' is a perfectly generic cover that kicks off an entire...American Idol: Season 5 EncoresPopTo be honest, I don't even remember Melissa McGhee, but her take on Heart's ''What About Love'' is a perfectly generic cover that kicks off an entire...2006-05-29
(American Idol: Ray Mickshaw/FOX)
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): RCA
Posted May 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!