To be honest, I don’t even remember Melissa McGhee, but her take on Heart’s ”What About Love” is a perfectly generic cover that kicks off an entire album’s worth of expertly crafted mediocrity. With about 10,000 various effects and vocal backing tracks present, it’s hard to even tell most of the saccharine crooners apart on American Idol: Season 5 Encores, although I suppose Chris Daughtry should be given some sort of cookie for singing both Bon Jovi’s and Sambora’s parts on ”Wanted Dead or Alive.”
American Idol: Season 5 EncoresTo be honest, I don't even remember Melissa McGhee, but her take on Heart's ''What About Love'' is a perfectly generic cover that kicks off an entire...American Idol: Season 5 EncoresPopTo be honest, I don't even remember Melissa McGhee, but her take on Heart's ''What About Love'' is a perfectly generic cover that kicks off an entire...2006-05-29
(American Idol: Ray Mickshaw/FOX)
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): RCA
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- 'SNL react: Your quick take on The Rock and George Ezra?
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!