To be honest, I don’t even remember Melissa McGhee, but her take on Heart’s ”What About Love” is a perfectly generic cover that kicks off an entire album’s worth of expertly crafted mediocrity. With about 10,000 various effects and vocal backing tracks present, it’s hard to even tell most of the saccharine crooners apart on American Idol: Season 5 Encores, although I suppose Chris Daughtry should be given some sort of cookie for singing both Bon Jovi’s and Sambora’s parts on ”Wanted Dead or Alive.”
American Idol: Season 5 EncoresTo be honest, I don't even remember Melissa McGhee, but her take on Heart's ''What About Love'' is a perfectly generic cover that kicks off an entire...American Idol: Season 5 EncoresPopTo be honest, I don't even remember Melissa McGhee, but her take on Heart's ''What About Love'' is a perfectly generic cover that kicks off an entire...2006-05-29
(American Idol: Ray Mickshaw/FOX)
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): RCA
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!