Mike Andrews, who created the magical score for Donnie Darko, delivers a poetic first solo album that proves he doesn’t need another’s narrative to produce inspired work. The story he tells is of the precariousness of relationships, illustrating it with diaphanous vocals, off-kilter arrangements, good old-fashioned musicianship (he plays most of the instruments), and charming eccentricity — two Hand on String songs reference citrus (”Hello Lemon,” ”Orange Meet Lemon”). It takes nerve to step out from behind the scenes, but in this case, the effort was most fruitful.
Hand on StringMike Andrews, who created the magical score for Donnie Darko, delivers a poetic first solo album that proves he doesn't need another's narrative...Hand on StringIndie Rock, PopMike Andrews, who created the magical score for Donnie Darko, delivers a poetic first solo album that proves he doesn't need another's narrative...2006-05-29
Genre: Indie Rock, Pop; Lead Performer: Mike Andrews; Producer (group): Elgin Park
Posted May 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!