Leave it to the French to resurrect the Great White Martial Artist. And in District B13, this Luc Besson-hatched action flick, we get two: Leito (David Belle) and Damien (Cyril Raffaelli), mismatched badasses who have to extract a WMD from a nasty futuristic Parisian ghetto. The big innovation here is that the two nimble leads, stuntmen-turned-stars, are devotees of parkour, a fancy French word for the fluid use of urban environments as jungle gyms. And while the fight scenes do carry a nifty charge, parkour itself isn’t quite revolutionary: Jackie Chan’s been doing the same thing for 20 years.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: David Belle, Cyril Raffaelli; Director: Pierre Morel; Author: Luc Besson, Bibi Naceri; Release Date Wide: 06/02/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted May 31 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- David Strathairn and Uzo Aduba join 'American Pastoral'
- Joey + Rory share powerful video for 'Softly and Tenderly'
- Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger announce separation
- Stephen Colbert to interview J.J. Abrams at festival
- 'The Daily Show' adds three new correspondents for Trevor Noah
- E! to air Joan Rivers tribute on one-year anniversary of her death
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!