Leave it to the French to resurrect the Great White Martial Artist. And in District B13, this Luc Besson-hatched action flick, we get two: Leito (David Belle) and Damien (Cyril Raffaelli), mismatched badasses who have to extract a WMD from a nasty futuristic Parisian ghetto. The big innovation here is that the two nimble leads, stuntmen-turned-stars, are devotees of parkour, a fancy French word for the fluid use of urban environments as jungle gyms. And while the fight scenes do carry a nifty charge, parkour itself isn’t quite revolutionary: Jackie Chan’s been doing the same thing for 20 years.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: David Belle, Cyril Raffaelli; Director: Pierre Morel; Author: Luc Besson, Bibi Naceri; Release Date Wide: 06/02/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted May 31 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Gina Rodriguez raps Nicki Minaj's 'Super Bass'
- Samuel L. Jackson cusses at cute kittens in Truth or Door
- Rob Kardashian's Twitter account shares Kylie Jenner's phone number
- Mary J. Blige interviewed Hillary Clinton for Apple Music
- Rob Lowe plays a pitiful undecided voter for Stephen Colbert
- Donald Trump: Miss Universe winner 'gained massive amount of weight'
- Seth Meyers reviews Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton's first debate