Leave it to the French to resurrect the Great White Martial Artist. And in District B13, this Luc Besson-hatched action flick, we get two: Leito (David Belle) and Damien (Cyril Raffaelli), mismatched badasses who have to extract a WMD from a nasty futuristic Parisian ghetto. The big innovation here is that the two nimble leads, stuntmen-turned-stars, are devotees of parkour, a fancy French word for the fluid use of urban environments as jungle gyms. And while the fight scenes do carry a nifty charge, parkour itself isn’t quite revolutionary: Jackie Chan’s been doing the same thing for 20 years.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: David Belle, Cyril Raffaelli; Director: Pierre Morel; Author: Luc Besson, Bibi Naceri; Release Date Wide: 06/02/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted May 31 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Let's rank the 'Mission: Impossible' movies
- Guess which celebrities wrote these children's books
- J.K. Rowling thanks fans for birthday wishes and support
- Here’s how Neville Longbottom wished J.K. Rowling a Happy Birthday
- The time J.J. Abrams broke his back trying to help Harrison Ford
- Are you smarter than a Whoopi Goldberg impersonator?
- 50 things we love about J.K. Rowling for her 50th birthday
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!