Leave it to the French to resurrect the Great White Martial Artist. And in District B13, this Luc Besson-hatched action flick, we get two: Leito (David Belle) and Damien (Cyril Raffaelli), mismatched badasses who have to extract a WMD from a nasty futuristic Parisian ghetto. The big innovation here is that the two nimble leads, stuntmen-turned-stars, are devotees of parkour, a fancy French word for the fluid use of urban environments as jungle gyms. And while the fight scenes do carry a nifty charge, parkour itself isn’t quite revolutionary: Jackie Chan’s been doing the same thing for 20 years.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: David Belle, Cyril Raffaelli; Director: Pierre Morel; Author: Luc Besson, Bibi Naceri; Release Date Wide: 06/02/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted May 31 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'witch noir' comic 'Black Magick' casts a spell -- exclusive first look
- Ben Affleck on being cast as Batman: 'My first reaction was, 'Are you sure?''
- 'Maze Runner': Dylan O'Brien in new 'Scorch Trials' photo
- 13 reasons why 'Fast & Furious 6' has the greatest barbecue
Shark Week 2015:
Eli Roth previews Shark After Dark
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Agent Carter,' 'Hawaii Five-0,' 'You’re the Worst' and more
- Tracy Morgan visits Disney to celebrate daughter's birthday
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!