In the ranks of improbable gymnastics coaches, Nick Nolte falls just below the cartoon version of Mr. T (whose adventures on the parallel bars I suggest you YouTube). Nolte plays ”Socrates,” a magical blue-collar Buddha who gruffly Yodas a college gymnast named Dan Millman (Scott Mechlowicz). The real Millman’s personal-growth classic Way of the Peaceful Warrior is the source for Peaceful Warrior, this self-congratulatory self-help seminar, which plays as high comedy, thanks to Nolte’s slurry sensei. Let’s just say he smells (to the cynic) a little more Tsingtao than Tao.
(Peaceful Warrior: Chuck Zlotnick)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Scott Mechlowicz, Nick Nolte, Amy Smart; Director: Victor Salva; Author: Kevin Bernhardt; Release Date Limited: 06/02/2006; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted May 31 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How well do you know The Weeknd's lyrics?
- How Tituss Burgess nearly missed his '30 Rock' audition
- Atlas Genius booked their fantasy festival and made us a playlist for it
- Four reasons 'Straight Outta Compton' made N.W.A the Boyz of summer
- Grace Helbig and Tyler Oakley tapped to host 2015 Streamy Awards
- Miley Cyrus: Donald Trump 'loved' twerking performance at 2013 VMAs
- 6 new tracks we loved this week
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!