In the ranks of improbable gymnastics coaches, Nick Nolte falls just below the cartoon version of Mr. T (whose adventures on the parallel bars I suggest you YouTube). Nolte plays ”Socrates,” a magical blue-collar Buddha who gruffly Yodas a college gymnast named Dan Millman (Scott Mechlowicz). The real Millman’s personal-growth classic Way of the Peaceful Warrior is the source for Peaceful Warrior, this self-congratulatory self-help seminar, which plays as high comedy, thanks to Nolte’s slurry sensei. Let’s just say he smells (to the cynic) a little more Tsingtao than Tao.
(Peaceful Warrior: Chuck Zlotnick)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Scott Mechlowicz, Nick Nolte, Amy Smart; Director: Victor Salva; Author: Kevin Bernhardt; Release Date Limited: 06/02/2006; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted May 31 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!