In Telegraph Days when she and her brother are orphaned in a desolate no-man’s-land (which later becomes Oklahoma), Nellie Courtright — tough, sassy, and quite fond of sex — sashays into the nearest town, Rita Blanca, and finagles a job as a telegraph operator. Life isn’t easy, but Nellie’s not about to let little things like outlaws or snakes get her down. No, sirree. When her brother accidentally kills a passel of bandits, she turns the fracas into a best-selling booklet. Soon Buffalo Bill offers her a job, an Earp brother proposes marriage, and Jesse James tries to rob her. Nellie may not be Larry McMurtry’s most original character to date, but the author delivers a raucous, saucy look back at the West he loves so well.
Telegraph DaysIn Telegraph Days when she and her brother are orphaned in a desolate no-man's-land (which later becomes Oklahoma), Nellie Courtright &...Telegraph DaysWestern, FictionLarry McMurtryIn Telegraph Days when she and her brother are orphaned in a desolate no-man's-land (which later becomes Oklahoma), Nellie Courtright &...2006-05-31Simon & Schuster
Genre: Western, Fiction; Author: Larry McMurtry; Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Posted May 31 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Chris Messina in talks to join Ben Affleck's Live By Night
- Minions clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- Watch Tom Bergeron discover his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!