In Telegraph Days when she and her brother are orphaned in a desolate no-man’s-land (which later becomes Oklahoma), Nellie Courtright — tough, sassy, and quite fond of sex — sashays into the nearest town, Rita Blanca, and finagles a job as a telegraph operator. Life isn’t easy, but Nellie’s not about to let little things like outlaws or snakes get her down. No, sirree. When her brother accidentally kills a passel of bandits, she turns the fracas into a best-selling booklet. Soon Buffalo Bill offers her a job, an Earp brother proposes marriage, and Jesse James tries to rob her. Nellie may not be Larry McMurtry’s most original character to date, but the author delivers a raucous, saucy look back at the West he loves so well.
Telegraph DaysIn Telegraph Days when she and her brother are orphaned in a desolate no-man's-land (which later becomes Oklahoma), Nellie Courtright &...Telegraph DaysWestern, FictionLarry McMurtryIn Telegraph Days when she and her brother are orphaned in a desolate no-man's-land (which later becomes Oklahoma), Nellie Courtright &...2006-05-31Simon & Schuster
Genre: Western, Fiction; Author: Larry McMurtry; Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Posted May 31 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lifetime making Britney Spears biopic
- Delta to stop airing Chris Rock special containing anti-gay slur
- Donald Trump slams famous Hillary supporters as 'not hot anymore'
- 'Stranger Things' and 'Parks & Rec': Jean-Ralphio is Steve's son, star says
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars': Three queens spill the tea on season 2 twist
- 'Mr. Robot': When a big twist isn't really a twist at all
- 'The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo': Top 10 Kindle highlights
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...