Before the television networks abandoned Saturday night as a lost cause, Walker, Texas Ranger was a welcome oasis of karate chops, comfortably predictable plots, and the steely-eyed glare of Mr. Chuck Norris. This seven disc set from the debut season has 26 episodes (3 additional eps were previewed midweek during the spring before the full season aired later that year) and includes the pilot introducing Cordell Walker (Norris), a Texas Ranger in Dallas who kicks butt and barely takes names. Walker is joined by a rag tag group of law enforcement pals — and surprising guest stars (Tobey Maguire!) — to help hunt down the criminals, but Norris is the only draw here, despite his automaton line delivery, because of the collection’s total blank on EXTRAS. Nonetheless, Walker remains a tasty bit of Grade A prime Chuck.
Walker, Texas Ranger: The Complete First SeasonBefore the television networks abandoned Saturday night as a lost cause, Walker, Texas Ranger was a welcome oasis of karate chops,...Walker, Texas Ranger: The Complete First SeasonUnratedBefore the television networks abandoned Saturday night as a lost cause, Walker, Texas Ranger was a welcome oasis of karate chops,...2006-06-06
Starring: Chuck Norris; Director: Gregg Champion, Joe Coppoletta; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!