If you found yourself caught up in the ominoso peeper threat of Michael Haneke’s Caché, only to trip on its lack of logic and its racial piety, then check out this French domestic erotic mystery, Lemming; it’s simpler and better. A model young bourgeois pair, played by Laurent Lucas and the beautifully unglamorous Charlotte Gainsbourg, host a dinner for a toxic middle-aged couple, led by Charlotte Rampling as a ragingly unhappy femme fatale. The movie, which has the slightly glum perversity of early Chabrol, is a dream of betrayal, with the squirmiest attack-of-nature tableau since Willard.
(Lemming: Philippe Quaisse)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Charlotte Gainsbourg, Laurent Lucas, Charlotte Rampling; Director: Dominik Moll; Author: Gilles Marchand, Dominik Moll; Release Date Limited: 05/19/2006; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 129; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Strand Releasing
Posted June 7 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the Disney Channel tale about junior villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!