If you found yourself caught up in the ominoso peeper threat of Michael Haneke’s Caché, only to trip on its lack of logic and its racial piety, then check out this French domestic erotic mystery, Lemming; it’s simpler and better. A model young bourgeois pair, played by Laurent Lucas and the beautifully unglamorous Charlotte Gainsbourg, host a dinner for a toxic middle-aged couple, led by Charlotte Rampling as a ragingly unhappy femme fatale. The movie, which has the slightly glum perversity of early Chabrol, is a dream of betrayal, with the squirmiest attack-of-nature tableau since Willard.
(Lemming: Philippe Quaisse)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Charlotte Gainsbourg, Laurent Lucas, Charlotte Rampling; Director: Dominik Moll; Author: Gilles Marchand, Dominik Moll; Release Date Limited: 05/19/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 129; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Strand Releasing
Posted June 7 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Survivor: Second Chance' player Stephen Fishbach says 'it haunts me every day, the fact I didn't win'
- ABC Family and Fox score top marks for inclusion of LGBT characters
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!