On the June 1 debut episode of his weekly Amazon.com series, Amazon Fishbowl With Bill Maher, Maher bragged multiple times that his is the ”first Internet talk show.” Considering that all he’s done is put TV’s tired monologue-and-celebrity-guest chat format online, this weekly cyberbore is about as technologically innovative as putting a motor on a pair of socks. The interviews are far too plug-happy, and Maher is so used to combating guests on HBO that even when he’s ass-kissing Dean Koontz and the Dixie Chicks, it sounds accusatory. This isn’t the future of television, it’s just a crankier, broadband Pat Sajak Show.
Amazon Fishbowl with Bill Maher On the June 1 debut episode of his weekly Amazon.com series, Amazon Fishbowl With Bill Maher, Maher bragged multiple times that his is...Amazon Fishbowl with Bill MaherTalk Shows06/19/2006 On the June 1 debut episode of his weekly Amazon.com series, Amazon Fishbowl With Bill Maher, Maher bragged multiple times that his is...2006-06-09
Genre: Talk Shows; Starring: Bill Maher; Series Premiere: 06/19/2006; Status: In Season
Posted June 9 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!