On the June 1 debut episode of his weekly Amazon.com series, Amazon Fishbowl With Bill Maher, Maher bragged multiple times that his is the ”first Internet talk show.” Considering that all he’s done is put TV’s tired monologue-and-celebrity-guest chat format online, this weekly cyberbore is about as technologically innovative as putting a motor on a pair of socks. The interviews are far too plug-happy, and Maher is so used to combating guests on HBO that even when he’s ass-kissing Dean Koontz and the Dixie Chicks, it sounds accusatory. This isn’t the future of television, it’s just a crankier, broadband Pat Sajak Show.
Amazon Fishbowl with Bill Maher On the June 1 debut episode of his weekly Amazon.com series, Amazon Fishbowl With Bill Maher, Maher bragged multiple times that his is...Amazon Fishbowl with Bill MaherTalk Shows On the June 1 debut episode of his weekly Amazon.com series, Amazon Fishbowl With Bill Maher, Maher bragged multiple times that his is...2006-06-09
Genre: Talk Shows; Starring: Bill Maher
Posted June 9 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The next generation of male pop stars, from Harry Styles to The Weeknd
- The slow, curious fade of the male pop star
- Final 'Dexter' book says farewell to serial killer Dexter Morgan
- Kel Mitchell talks return to Nickelodeon this fall in 'Game Shakers'
- Kevin Bacon, Neil Marshall, and the other Thor to attend Fantasia 2015
- Tatiana Maslany, Haley Joel Osment among cast for 'Locke & Key' audiobook
- Here's your best look yet at the very cool 'No Man's Sky'
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!