On the June 1 debut episode of his weekly Amazon.com series, Amazon Fishbowl With Bill Maher, Maher bragged multiple times that his is the ”first Internet talk show.” Considering that all he’s done is put TV’s tired monologue-and-celebrity-guest chat format online, this weekly cyberbore is about as technologically innovative as putting a motor on a pair of socks. The interviews are far too plug-happy, and Maher is so used to combating guests on HBO that even when he’s ass-kissing Dean Koontz and the Dixie Chicks, it sounds accusatory. This isn’t the future of television, it’s just a crankier, broadband Pat Sajak Show.
Amazon Fishbowl with Bill Maher On the June 1 debut episode of his weekly Amazon.com series, Amazon Fishbowl With Bill Maher, Maher bragged multiple times that his is...Amazon Fishbowl with Bill MaherTalk Shows On the June 1 debut episode of his weekly Amazon.com series, Amazon Fishbowl With Bill Maher, Maher bragged multiple times that his is...2006-06-09
Genre: Talk Shows; Starring: Bill Maher
Posted June 9 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!