Summer isn’t the same without hitting the beach, getting a sunburn, and devouring a deliciously soapy novel. So we come to Full Circle, the story of three gay friends over 50 years, which provides an afternoon’s worth of mindless entertainment but also slight guilt for its salaciousness. Ned, Jack, and Andy are best friends who continually float in and out of one another’s lives (and beds) while background events, like JFK’s assassination and the Vietnam War, reshape America’s landscape. Michael Thomas Ford’s prose is often awkward and embarrassing (”The friendship of boys is a powerful and mysterious thing”), but like Jackie Collins, the guy knows how to draw in a reader with sex and sin.
Full Circle Summer isn't the same without hitting the beach, getting a sunburn, and devouring a deliciously soapy novel. So we come to Full Circle...Full CircleFictionMichael Thomas Ford Summer isn't the same without hitting the beach, getting a sunburn, and devouring a deliciously soapy novel. So we come to Full Circle...2006-06-09
Genre: Fiction; Author: Michael Thomas Ford
Posted June 9 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!