Summer isn’t the same without hitting the beach, getting a sunburn, and devouring a deliciously soapy novel. So we come to Full Circle, the story of three gay friends over 50 years, which provides an afternoon’s worth of mindless entertainment but also slight guilt for its salaciousness. Ned, Jack, and Andy are best friends who continually float in and out of one another’s lives (and beds) while background events, like JFK’s assassination and the Vietnam War, reshape America’s landscape. Michael Thomas Ford’s prose is often awkward and embarrassing (”The friendship of boys is a powerful and mysterious thing”), but like Jackie Collins, the guy knows how to draw in a reader with sex and sin.
Full Circle Summer isn't the same without hitting the beach, getting a sunburn, and devouring a deliciously soapy novel. So we come to Full Circle...Full CircleFictionMichael Thomas Ford Summer isn't the same without hitting the beach, getting a sunburn, and devouring a deliciously soapy novel. So we come to Full Circle...2006-06-09
Genre: Fiction; Author: Michael Thomas Ford
Posted June 9 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jason Sudeikis plays Drinko with Jimmy Fallon on 'The Tonight Show'
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!