Summer isn’t the same without hitting the beach, getting a sunburn, and devouring a deliciously soapy novel. So we come to Full Circle, the story of three gay friends over 50 years, which provides an afternoon’s worth of mindless entertainment but also slight guilt for its salaciousness. Ned, Jack, and Andy are best friends who continually float in and out of one another’s lives (and beds) while background events, like JFK’s assassination and the Vietnam War, reshape America’s landscape. Michael Thomas Ford’s prose is often awkward and embarrassing (”The friendship of boys is a powerful and mysterious thing”), but like Jackie Collins, the guy knows how to draw in a reader with sex and sin.
Full Circle Summer isn't the same without hitting the beach, getting a sunburn, and devouring a deliciously soapy novel. So we come to Full Circle...Full CircleFictionMichael Thomas Ford Summer isn't the same without hitting the beach, getting a sunburn, and devouring a deliciously soapy novel. So we come to Full Circle...2006-06-09
Genre: Fiction; Author: Michael Thomas Ford
Posted June 9 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!