Summer isn’t the same without hitting the beach, getting a sunburn, and devouring a deliciously soapy novel. So we come to Full Circle, the story of three gay friends over 50 years, which provides an afternoon’s worth of mindless entertainment but also slight guilt for its salaciousness. Ned, Jack, and Andy are best friends who continually float in and out of one another’s lives (and beds) while background events, like JFK’s assassination and the Vietnam War, reshape America’s landscape. Michael Thomas Ford’s prose is often awkward and embarrassing (”The friendship of boys is a powerful and mysterious thing”), but like Jackie Collins, the guy knows how to draw in a reader with sex and sin.
Full Circle Summer isn't the same without hitting the beach, getting a sunburn, and devouring a deliciously soapy novel. So we come to Full Circle...Full CircleFictionMichael Thomas Ford Summer isn't the same without hitting the beach, getting a sunburn, and devouring a deliciously soapy novel. So we come to Full Circle...2006-06-09
Genre: Fiction; Author: Michael Thomas Ford
Posted June 9 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama roasts Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch