Behold: The next ubiquitous viral video (it was even on AOL’s Welcome Screen this morning) is comedian Judson Laipply’s “The Evolution of Dance.” There’s nothing revolutionary about Laipply’s faithful renditions of popular dances set to “Mr. Roboto,” “Cant Touch This,” and “Cotton Eye Joe,” but strung together, he captures both the winning ridiculousness of modern boogie crazes, and that certain brand of feel-good nostalgia that’s usually only experienced during really raucous wedding receptions. I’m not sure if the six-minute clip will land Laipply a much-deserved guest spot on a Dancing With the Stars results show, or maybe a job as choreographer for Taylor Hicks’ inevitable concert tour, but I hope something positive comes out of his reminder that it’s never too early in the day to… get out your seat and jump around! (Jump around!)
Posted June 12 2006 — 3:59 PM EDT
- Director Park Chan-wook returns with trailer for 'The Handmaiden'
- Matt Damon on Jimmy Kimmel feud: 'I don't see anything funny about it'
- Nyle DiMarco reads to Deaf kids in 'adorable' video
- Seth Meyers thinks Donald Trump is secretly broke
- Fox renews John Cena's 'American Grit' for season 2
- Maya Rudolph to guest-star on 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'