Riffing on detective movies the way Scream dissected slasher flicks, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang writer-director Shane Black’s sleek, playful comic noir spins a web of murder, deception, and gay humor, while cleverly deconstructing itself. EXTRAS The lame blooper reel is superfluous in such a rollicking context. But the lively commentary by Black and his two stars is a hoot — candidly pointing out that 23 minutes into the film nothing much has happened, giving props to a recently deceased Lou Rawls, and identifying otherwise obscure Richard Grieco and Laurence Fishburne cameos.
(Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang: John Bramley)
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Val Kilmer, Corbin Bernsen; Director: Shane Black; Author: Shane Black; Release Date Limited: 10/21/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 13 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hailee Steinfeld joins the EW PopFest lineup
- Second 'Big Brother: Over the Top' evictee talks house divide
- Robert Redford, Casey Affleck to star in 'The Old Man and the Gun'
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Blacklist,' 'Arrow,' more
- President Obama names his favorite rappers
- Watch Eddie Redmayne show Benedict Cumberbatch a magic trick
- Chris Hemsworth pledges support for Dakota Access Pipeline protest