Riffing on detective movies the way Scream dissected slasher flicks, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang writer-director Shane Black’s sleek, playful comic noir spins a web of murder, deception, and gay humor, while cleverly deconstructing itself. EXTRAS The lame blooper reel is superfluous in such a rollicking context. But the lively commentary by Black and his two stars is a hoot — candidly pointing out that 23 minutes into the film nothing much has happened, giving props to a recently deceased Lou Rawls, and identifying otherwise obscure Richard Grieco and Laurence Fishburne cameos.
(Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang: John Bramley)
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Val Kilmer, Corbin Bernsen; Director: Shane Black; Author: Shane Black; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 13 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Marvel’s 'Jessica Jones' casts 'Grey’s Anatomy' alum Rachael Taylor
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE drops Gavin DeGraw collaboration 'Brother'—exclusive premiere
- Elena of Avalor will be Disney's first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters