Riffing on detective movies the way Scream dissected slasher flicks, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang writer-director Shane Black’s sleek, playful comic noir spins a web of murder, deception, and gay humor, while cleverly deconstructing itself. EXTRAS The lame blooper reel is superfluous in such a rollicking context. But the lively commentary by Black and his two stars is a hoot — candidly pointing out that 23 minutes into the film nothing much has happened, giving props to a recently deceased Lou Rawls, and identifying otherwise obscure Richard Grieco and Laurence Fishburne cameos.
(Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang: John Bramley)
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Val Kilmer, Corbin Bernsen; Director: Shane Black; Author: Shane Black; Release Date Limited: 10/21/2005; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 13 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing