Riffing on detective movies the way Scream dissected slasher flicks, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang writer-director Shane Black’s sleek, playful comic noir spins a web of murder, deception, and gay humor, while cleverly deconstructing itself. EXTRAS The lame blooper reel is superfluous in such a rollicking context. But the lively commentary by Black and his two stars is a hoot — candidly pointing out that 23 minutes into the film nothing much has happened, giving props to a recently deceased Lou Rawls, and identifying otherwise obscure Richard Grieco and Laurence Fishburne cameos.
(Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang: John Bramley)
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Val Kilmer, Corbin Bernsen; Director: Shane Black; Author: Shane Black; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 13 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!