Riffing on detective movies the way Scream dissected slasher flicks, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang writer-director Shane Black’s sleek, playful comic noir spins a web of murder, deception, and gay humor, while cleverly deconstructing itself. EXTRAS The lame blooper reel is superfluous in such a rollicking context. But the lively commentary by Black and his two stars is a hoot — candidly pointing out that 23 minutes into the film nothing much has happened, giving props to a recently deceased Lou Rawls, and identifying otherwise obscure Richard Grieco and Laurence Fishburne cameos.
(Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang: John Bramley)
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Val Kilmer, Corbin Bernsen; Director: Shane Black; Author: Shane Black; Release Date Limited: 10/21/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 13 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!