Riffing on detective movies the way Scream dissected slasher flicks, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang writer-director Shane Black’s sleek, playful comic noir spins a web of murder, deception, and gay humor, while cleverly deconstructing itself. EXTRAS The lame blooper reel is superfluous in such a rollicking context. But the lively commentary by Black and his two stars is a hoot — candidly pointing out that 23 minutes into the film nothing much has happened, giving props to a recently deceased Lou Rawls, and identifying otherwise obscure Richard Grieco and Laurence Fishburne cameos.
(Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang: John Bramley)
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Val Kilmer, Corbin Bernsen; Director: Shane Black; Author: Shane Black; Release Date Limited: 10/21/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 13 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The 7 hardest debate punches
- Donald Trump slams Rosie O'Donnell during debate
- Dictionary calls out Trump for saying 'braggadocious' during debate
- Trump-Clinton debate: Celebs react
- 'Law & Order: SVU' producer dings Donald Trump during debate
- Drake's 'Views' is first album to hit 1 billion streams on Apple Music
- Leslie Jones is live-tweeting the Clinton-Trump presidential debate