The third movie in the Bad News Bears series, a notable turkey, went to Japan. That trip spells certain doom for the Fast and the Furious franchise as well. Dubbed Tokyo Drift (but let’s call it 3 Fast 3 Furious), this junker ships Friday Night Lights’ Lucas Black abroad as punishment (to Tokyo? Lucky jackass!) after he hot-rods through a Phoenix housing development to the tune of that blasted Kid Rock ”Bawitdaba” song. Once overseas, he tries ”drifting,” a wavy, tractionless, sorta psychedelic, poky race style whose poorly shot appeal gets lost in translation.
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Lucas Black, Bow Wow; Director: Justin Lin; Author: Alfredo Botello, Chris Morgan, Kario Salem; Release Date Wide: 06/16/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted June 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Donald Trump asked to stop using 'Air Force One' theme song
- Demi Lovato speaks out on mental illness before performing at DNC
- DNC staffers get engaged on convention stage
- Britney Spears 'explored some new things' on upcoming album
- 'Hamilton' star lands title role in 'Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks'
- Rory Feek to remember late wife, Joey, in new memoir
- Matt Damon recaps 'Jason Bourne' franchise in 90 seconds
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels