The third movie in the Bad News Bears series, a notable turkey, went to Japan. That trip spells certain doom for the Fast and the Furious franchise as well. Dubbed Tokyo Drift (but let’s call it 3 Fast 3 Furious), this junker ships Friday Night Lights’ Lucas Black abroad as punishment (to Tokyo? Lucky jackass!) after he hot-rods through a Phoenix housing development to the tune of that blasted Kid Rock ”Bawitdaba” song. Once overseas, he tries ”drifting,” a wavy, tractionless, sorta psychedelic, poky race style whose poorly shot appeal gets lost in translation.
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Lucas Black, Bow Wow; Director: Justin Lin; Author: Alfredo Botello, Chris Morgan, Kario Salem; Release Date Wide: 06/16/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars' and his journey to it
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings