The third movie in the Bad News Bears series, a notable turkey, went to Japan. That trip spells certain doom for the Fast and the Furious franchise as well. Dubbed Tokyo Drift (but let’s call it 3 Fast 3 Furious), this junker ships Friday Night Lights’ Lucas Black abroad as punishment (to Tokyo? Lucky jackass!) after he hot-rods through a Phoenix housing development to the tune of that blasted Kid Rock ”Bawitdaba” song. Once overseas, he tries ”drifting,” a wavy, tractionless, sorta psychedelic, poky race style whose poorly shot appeal gets lost in translation.
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Lucas Black, Bow Wow; Director: Justin Lin; Author: Alfredo Botello, Chris Morgan, Kario Salem; Release Date Wide: 06/16/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted June 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!