The third movie in the Bad News Bears series, a notable turkey, went to Japan. That trip spells certain doom for the Fast and the Furious franchise as well. Dubbed Tokyo Drift (but let’s call it 3 Fast 3 Furious), this junker ships Friday Night Lights’ Lucas Black abroad as punishment (to Tokyo? Lucky jackass!) after he hot-rods through a Phoenix housing development to the tune of that blasted Kid Rock ”Bawitdaba” song. Once overseas, he tries ”drifting,” a wavy, tractionless, sorta psychedelic, poky race style whose poorly shot appeal gets lost in translation.
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Lucas Black, Bow Wow; Director: Justin Lin; Author: Alfredo Botello, Chris Morgan, Kario Salem; Release Date Wide: 06/16/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted June 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'