The third movie in the Bad News Bears series, a notable turkey, went to Japan. That trip spells certain doom for the Fast and the Furious franchise as well. Dubbed Tokyo Drift (but let’s call it 3 Fast 3 Furious), this junker ships Friday Night Lights’ Lucas Black abroad as punishment (to Tokyo? Lucky jackass!) after he hot-rods through a Phoenix housing development to the tune of that blasted Kid Rock ”Bawitdaba” song. Once overseas, he tries ”drifting,” a wavy, tractionless, sorta psychedelic, poky race style whose poorly shot appeal gets lost in translation.
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Lucas Black, Bow Wow; Director: Justin Lin; Author: Alfredo Botello, Chris Morgan, Kario Salem; Release Date Wide: 06/16/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted June 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996