The third movie in the Bad News Bears series, a notable turkey, went to Japan. That trip spells certain doom for the Fast and the Furious franchise as well. Dubbed Tokyo Drift (but let’s call it 3 Fast 3 Furious), this junker ships Friday Night Lights’ Lucas Black abroad as punishment (to Tokyo? Lucky jackass!) after he hot-rods through a Phoenix housing development to the tune of that blasted Kid Rock ”Bawitdaba” song. Once overseas, he tries ”drifting,” a wavy, tractionless, sorta psychedelic, poky race style whose poorly shot appeal gets lost in translation.
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Lucas Black, Bow Wow; Director: Justin Lin; Author: Alfredo Botello, Chris Morgan, Kario Salem; Release Date Wide: 06/16/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted June 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: Werner Herzog got special permits to shoot volcano doc in North Korea
- 'Star Trek' TV series losing Bryan Fuller as showrunner
- Donald Glover comments on 'Star Wars' role for first time
- 'Pretty Little Liars' tell-all special to follow series finale
- Paralympian wins Halloween with 'Beauty and the Beast' Lumiere costume
- Taylor Swift, Abba, 'Star Wars' music get bizarre recorder remixes
- 'Westworld': Who is secretly a robot?
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers