Sad tidings, Dickens scholars: Despite its title, Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties, this unnecessary sequel to 2004’s unnecessary Garfield: The Movie has little in common with A Tale of Two Cities. It’s closer to The Prince and the Petit Bourgeois: The furry bag of CG jelly strenuously billed as ”the world’s favorite cat” trades places with feline royalty, giving a host of British thesps (Bob Hoskins, Tim Curry) the opportunity to debase themselves as animal voices. In the ”flesh,” Garfield himself (voiced by Bill Murray) is once again strikingly unlikable, a bloated, bingeing fascist.
Genre: Comedy, Kids and Family; Starring: Jennifer Love Hewitt, Breckin Meyer, Billy Connolly, Bill Murray; Director: Tim Hill; Author: Joel Cohen, Alec Sokolow; Release Date Wide: 06/16/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted June 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Watch: Natalie Portman relives 'dark moments' at Harvard in commencement speech
- Thom Yorke made an 18-day-long soundtrack, still not new Radiohead music
- 'Serial' set for two more seasons
- 'Teen Mom 2' star Jenelle Evans wanted for allegedly attacking ex-fiance
- Kanye West tapped as a headliner for Atlanta's Birthday Bash 20
- Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' hits No. 1