Sad tidings, Dickens scholars: Despite its title, Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties, this unnecessary sequel to 2004’s unnecessary Garfield: The Movie has little in common with A Tale of Two Cities. It’s closer to The Prince and the Petit Bourgeois: The furry bag of CG jelly strenuously billed as ”the world’s favorite cat” trades places with feline royalty, giving a host of British thesps (Bob Hoskins, Tim Curry) the opportunity to debase themselves as animal voices. In the ”flesh,” Garfield himself (voiced by Bill Murray) is once again strikingly unlikable, a bloated, bingeing fascist.
Genre: Comedy, Kids and Family; Starring: Jennifer Love Hewitt, Breckin Meyer, Billy Connolly, Bill Murray; Director: Tim Hill; Author: Joel Cohen, Alec Sokolow; Release Date Wide: 06/16/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted June 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Aaron Sorkin on 'Steve Jobs' portrayal: 'This movie is not a biopic'
- Ariana Grande and 'Victorious' co-star Liz Gillies post kissing video 'by accident'
- Nicki Minaj: Miley Cyrus has 'some big balls' for VMA comments
- Ronda Rousey addresses her dig at Floyd Mayweather on 'The Tonight Show'
- Michaela Watkins on new Hulu comedy 'Casual': 'It's kind of a cool trip'
- 'Terminator' franchise 're-adjusting' before future films
- 'Maze Runner' cast accused of taking Native American artifacts