Sad tidings, Dickens scholars: Despite its title, Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties, this unnecessary sequel to 2004’s unnecessary Garfield: The Movie has little in common with A Tale of Two Cities. It’s closer to The Prince and the Petit Bourgeois: The furry bag of CG jelly strenuously billed as ”the world’s favorite cat” trades places with feline royalty, giving a host of British thesps (Bob Hoskins, Tim Curry) the opportunity to debase themselves as animal voices. In the ”flesh,” Garfield himself (voiced by Bill Murray) is once again strikingly unlikable, a bloated, bingeing fascist.
Genre: Comedy, Kids and Family; Starring: Jennifer Love Hewitt, Breckin Meyer, Billy Connolly, Bill Murray; Director: Tim Hill; Author: Joel Cohen, Alec Sokolow; Release Date Wide: 06/16/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!