Sad tidings, Dickens scholars: Despite its title, Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties, this unnecessary sequel to 2004’s unnecessary Garfield: The Movie has little in common with A Tale of Two Cities. It’s closer to The Prince and the Petit Bourgeois: The furry bag of CG jelly strenuously billed as ”the world’s favorite cat” trades places with feline royalty, giving a host of British thesps (Bob Hoskins, Tim Curry) the opportunity to debase themselves as animal voices. In the ”flesh,” Garfield himself (voiced by Bill Murray) is once again strikingly unlikable, a bloated, bingeing fascist.
Genre: Comedy, Kids and Family; Starring: Jennifer Love Hewitt, Breckin Meyer, Billy Connolly, Bill Murray; Director: Tim Hill; Author: Joel Cohen, Alec Sokolow; Release Date Wide: 06/16/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted June 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Loretta Devine talks gender-bending role
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on that shocking casualty
- Jennifer Garner joins Bryan Cranston in 'Wakefield'
- 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce' season 2 premiere react: Abby gets schooled in divorce
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing