Sad tidings, Dickens scholars: Despite its title, Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties, this unnecessary sequel to 2004’s unnecessary Garfield: The Movie has little in common with A Tale of Two Cities. It’s closer to The Prince and the Petit Bourgeois: The furry bag of CG jelly strenuously billed as ”the world’s favorite cat” trades places with feline royalty, giving a host of British thesps (Bob Hoskins, Tim Curry) the opportunity to debase themselves as animal voices. In the ”flesh,” Garfield himself (voiced by Bill Murray) is once again strikingly unlikable, a bloated, bingeing fascist.
Genre: Comedy, Kids and Family; Starring: Jennifer Love Hewitt, Breckin Meyer, Billy Connolly, Bill Murray; Director: Tim Hill; Author: Joel Cohen, Alec Sokolow; Release Date Wide: 06/16/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted June 14 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- '12 Monkeys' boss on Cole's fate (Spoiler Alert!)
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- Casting Net: Leonardo DiCaprio to play multiple personalities in The Crowded Room
- Blood, Next, Heaven, and more ambiguous film titles that confuse Google