1. A so-called car curse is said to afflict participants in what popular reality show, which first aired in the summer of 2000?
2. Complete the lyric from DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince’s 1991 ”Summertime”: ”There’s an air of love and of happiness/And this is the Fresh Prince’s new _____________.”
3. What is the name of the Catskills mountain lodge that is visited by Frances ”Baby” Houseman and her family in 1987’s Dirty Dancing?
4. Match the name of the summer camp to the movie in which it appeared:
B. Little Darlings
C. The Parent Trap (1961)
D. Ernest Goes to Camp
1 Camp Inch
2 Camp Little Wolf
3 Kamp Kikakee
4 Camp North Star
5. What are the nicknames of these youthful summer-vacation adventurers in The Goonies?
A Sean Astin
B Jeff Cohen
C Corey Feldman
D Ke Huy-Quan
6. What fictional beach community was the setting for the book and movie Jaws?
7. In 1980, Stevie Wonder gave us Hotter Than July and the hit ”Master Blaster (Jammin’).” What strange double album did he unleash on an unsuspecting public the year before?
8. Name one of two movies that made use of Bananarama’s hit single ”Cruel Summer.”
9. Which of these works penned by beach-read mistress Jackie Collins was NOT turned into a movie or a TV miniseries?
A The Bitch
B The Stud
D Hollywood Wives
10. What was the name of the theme park that was the cross-country destination of the Griswold family in National Lampoon’s Vacation?
ANSWERS TO THIS WEEK’S POP CULTURE QUIZ
1. Survivor; 2. ”Definition of summer madness”; 3. Kellerman’s; 4. A-4, B-2, C-1, D-3; 5. A-Mikey, B-Chunk, C-Mouth, D-Data; 6. Amity Island; 7. Journey Through the Secret Life of Plants; 8. The Karate Kid and Blue Crush; 9. C; 10. Walley World