”People fall in love in an instant, but it takes longer to fall out of love,” Andrea Lee writes of the three hearts ”hagridden by lust and jealousy” that swoon and crumble in Lost Hearts in Italy, a mildly engrossing un-love story. In dispassionate snapshots from the past 20 years, we follow Mira and Nick, a seemingly perfect American couple relocated to Rome, and Zenin, the Italian billionaire who seduces Mira. At the end of each chapter, Lee calls on a chorus of voices — from Mira’s mother to a boutique saleswoman to a Mauritian girl on a beach — to analyze these love fools. Ultimately, you crave more from the main players than the cacophony of voices passing judgment on them.
Lost Hearts in Italy ''People fall in love in an instant, but it takes longer to fall out of love,'' Andrea Lee writes of the three hearts ''hagridden by lust and jealousy'...Lost Hearts in ItalyFictionAndrea Lee ''People fall in love in an instant, but it takes longer to fall out of love,'' Andrea Lee writes of the three hearts ''hagridden by lust and jealousy'...2006-06-16Random House
Genre: Fiction; Author: Andrea Lee; Publisher: Random House
Posted June 16 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!