A minor bauble of a Robert Altman film based on Garrison Keillor’s fabled public-radio variety show. It’s like the Grand Ole Opry in small-town miniature — but, in its folksy chamber-music way, it’s a delight. What seals it is the performers’ belief in their shaggy-dog selves. With Meryl Streep, Woody Harrelson, and Lindsay Lohan.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Woody Harrelson, Tommy Lee Jones, Kevin Kline, Lindsay Lohan, Meryl Streep; Director: Robert Altman; Author: Garrison Keillor; Release Date Wide: 06/09/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Picturehouse
Posted June 16 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alicia Silverstone to star in TV Land comedy inspired by Kyle Richards
- Congresswoman quotes Albus Dumbledore during DNC speech
- Elvis Presley's electric guitar set for auction
- 'The Flash' movie adds 'Dope' actress Kiersey Clemons as female lead
- Christina Grimmie's final music videos to be released next month
- Beyoncé collaborator Diana Gordon drops soulful new track
- Eddie Redmayne to star in 'The Last Days of Night' movie adaptation
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'