A minor bauble of a Robert Altman film based on Garrison Keillor’s fabled public-radio variety show. It’s like the Grand Ole Opry in small-town miniature — but, in its folksy chamber-music way, it’s a delight. What seals it is the performers’ belief in their shaggy-dog selves. With Meryl Streep, Woody Harrelson, and Lindsay Lohan.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Woody Harrelson, Tommy Lee Jones, Kevin Kline, Lindsay Lohan, Meryl Streep; Director: Robert Altman; Author: Garrison Keillor; Release Date Wide: 06/09/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Picturehouse
Posted June 16 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Box office report: 'Focus' beats 'Fifty Shades'
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!