FBI agent Smoky Barrett, whose husband and child were brutally killed months earlier, faces a new foe — her ”shadow man” — who starts murdering more people around her. In a thriller that mixes Michael Connelly-style procedural details with gore that’s Thomas Harris ornate, Smoky doesn’t just get inside the thought processes of the killer, she takes ”the dark train,” which, she says, is ”simply where I remove the killer’s mask in my mind.” Smoky even pledges fealty to her big pistol: ”My hand and a gun. We’re married again.” Cody McFadyen musters up some suspense when the prose isn’t so purple, but most of the time Shadow Man is as deep violet as a bad bruise.
Shadow Man FBI agent Smoky Barrett, whose husband and child were brutally killed months earlier, faces a new foe — her ''shadow man'' — who starts...Shadow ManMystery and Thriller, FictionCody McFadyen FBI agent Smoky Barrett, whose husband and child were brutally killed months earlier, faces a new foe — her ''shadow man'' — who starts...2006-06-16Bantam
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Cody McFadyen; Publisher: Bantam
Posted June 16 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Best moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunited with her kids
- Ed Sheeran breaks out his British red coat for Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July party
- Billy Joel's surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!