Janet Evanovich ups the danger quotient in her 12th Stephanie Plum novel: A delusional man filches the identity of Plum’s fellow bounty hunter Ranger and abducts his daughter, drawing Plum into a frantic search while she tracks the usual slippery FTAs (”failure to appear [in court]”). Sexy, junk-food-gobbling Plum still has Jersey-girl wit and occasional nitwit moments, though some recent books suffered from sequelitis. But Twelve Sharp’s breezy, plain prose brims with enough notable elements — from the growing love triangle among Joe Morelli, Ranger, and Plum to the hoochie outfits of file clerk Lula — to supplement Evanovich’s already saucy Garden State vision.
Twelve Sharp Janet Evanovich ups the danger quotient in her 12th Stephanie Plum novel: A delusional man filches the identity of Plum's fellow bounty hunter Ranger...Twelve SharpMystery and Thriller, FictionJanet Evanovich Janet Evanovich ups the danger quotient in her 12th Stephanie Plum novel: A delusional man filches the identity of Plum's fellow bounty hunter Ranger...2006-06-16St. Martin's Press
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Janet Evanovich; Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Posted June 16 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Outlander' is becoming a war story, explains showrunner
- James Bond: Sam Mendes thinks 'it's time for somebody else' to direct
- Tom Hardy chats with Princes William and Harry at charity polo tournament
- 'Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?' trailer: James Franco's re-'vamp'
- Melissa McCarthy to 'Ghostbusters' haters: 'I hope they find a friend'
- Zac Efron shares 'High School Musical' throwback cast photo
- What is Essex Corp? 'X-Men: Apocalypse' post-credits scene explained
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers