Janet Evanovich ups the danger quotient in her 12th Stephanie Plum novel: A delusional man filches the identity of Plum’s fellow bounty hunter Ranger and abducts his daughter, drawing Plum into a frantic search while she tracks the usual slippery FTAs (”failure to appear [in court]”). Sexy, junk-food-gobbling Plum still has Jersey-girl wit and occasional nitwit moments, though some recent books suffered from sequelitis. But Twelve Sharp’s breezy, plain prose brims with enough notable elements — from the growing love triangle among Joe Morelli, Ranger, and Plum to the hoochie outfits of file clerk Lula — to supplement Evanovich’s already saucy Garden State vision.
Twelve Sharp Janet Evanovich ups the danger quotient in her 12th Stephanie Plum novel: A delusional man filches the identity of Plum's fellow bounty hunter Ranger...Twelve SharpMystery and Thriller, FictionJanet Evanovich Janet Evanovich ups the danger quotient in her 12th Stephanie Plum novel: A delusional man filches the identity of Plum's fellow bounty hunter Ranger...2006-06-16St. Martin's Press
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Janet Evanovich; Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Posted June 16 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!