George Clooney won an Oscar for his portrayal of an idealistic CIA agent in director Stephen Gaghan’s twisty thriller about oil-industry corruption. EXTRAS Interviews with Gaghan and the cast about Syriana’s potential to motivate change offer some meaty sound bites: Says Clooney of devout Muslims’ piety, ”Anyone that thinks you can bomb that ideal out of them…needs to travel more.” But a mere three deleted scenes (resurrecting an entirely cut character) and the superfluous second interview, ”A Conversation With George Clooney,” leave us longing for a special edition.
(Syriana: Sidney Baldwin)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Amanda Peet, Alexander Siddig; Director: Stephen Gaghan; Author: Robert Baer, Stephen Gaghan; Release Date Limited: 11/23/2005; Release Date Wide: 12/09/2005; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Amy Schumer joins Chuck Schumer for call to action on gun violence
- Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' get 'Hooked on a Feeling' in new promo
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln on an 'astonishing' season 6
- That time Jon Stewart saved Bill Clinton from an awkward encounter
- Eddie Redmayne stuns in new posters for 'The Danish Girl'
- Walt Disney experts dismiss allegations he was anti-Semitic
- See the latest trailer for 'The Intern'
- Stars We Lost in 2015
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!