George Clooney won an Oscar for his portrayal of an idealistic CIA agent in director Stephen Gaghan’s twisty thriller about oil-industry corruption. EXTRAS Interviews with Gaghan and the cast about Syriana’s potential to motivate change offer some meaty sound bites: Says Clooney of devout Muslims’ piety, ”Anyone that thinks you can bomb that ideal out of them…needs to travel more.” But a mere three deleted scenes (resurrecting an entirely cut character) and the superfluous second interview, ”A Conversation With George Clooney,” leave us longing for a special edition.
(Syriana: Sidney Baldwin)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Amanda Peet, Alexander Siddig; Director: Stephen Gaghan; Author: Robert Baer, Stephen Gaghan; Release Date Limited: 11/23/2005; Release Date Wide: 12/09/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Spotify reveals most streamed artist of the year
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'