George Clooney won an Oscar for his portrayal of an idealistic CIA agent in director Stephen Gaghan’s twisty thriller about oil-industry corruption. EXTRAS Interviews with Gaghan and the cast about Syriana’s potential to motivate change offer some meaty sound bites: Says Clooney of devout Muslims’ piety, ”Anyone that thinks you can bomb that ideal out of them…needs to travel more.” But a mere three deleted scenes (resurrecting an entirely cut character) and the superfluous second interview, ”A Conversation With George Clooney,” leave us longing for a special edition.
(Syriana: Sidney Baldwin)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Amanda Peet, Alexander Siddig; Director: Stephen Gaghan; Author: Robert Baer, Stephen Gaghan; Release Date Limited: 11/23/2005; Release Date Wide: 12/09/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Dark Knight' video essay explores Heath Ledger's Joker
- Daisy Ridley says next 'Star Wars' title won't be revealed for a while
- Emily Blunt shares Julie Andrews' reaction to her Mary Poppins casting
- Kevin Smith recalls awkward text exchange with daughter
- ‘The Goldbergs’ enlists ‘The Office’ alum for ‘Brady Bunch’ episode
- Britney Spears says Carpool Karaoke was 'fun,' 'awkward'
- MTV VMAs: The most memorable performances