George Clooney won an Oscar for his portrayal of an idealistic CIA agent in director Stephen Gaghan’s twisty thriller about oil-industry corruption. EXTRAS Interviews with Gaghan and the cast about Syriana’s potential to motivate change offer some meaty sound bites: Says Clooney of devout Muslims’ piety, ”Anyone that thinks you can bomb that ideal out of them…needs to travel more.” But a mere three deleted scenes (resurrecting an entirely cut character) and the superfluous second interview, ”A Conversation With George Clooney,” leave us longing for a special edition.
(Syriana: Sidney Baldwin)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Amanda Peet, Alexander Siddig; Director: Stephen Gaghan; Author: Robert Baer, Stephen Gaghan; Release Date Limited: 11/23/2005; Release Date Wide: 12/09/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lady Gaga changes lyrics to ‘Trayvon Angel’ at final Dive Bar Tour set
- Classic horror movies get the David S. Pumpkins treatment
- 'Bye Bye Birdie' starring Jennifer Lopez is NBC’s next live musical
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' stars on that surprising hookup
- Q-Tip announces final A Tribe Called Quest album
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan's brutal kill scene recreated with Legos
- JoJo honors Selena with 'Dreaming of You' cover in hometown