George Clooney won an Oscar for his portrayal of an idealistic CIA agent in director Stephen Gaghan’s twisty thriller about oil-industry corruption. EXTRAS Interviews with Gaghan and the cast about Syriana’s potential to motivate change offer some meaty sound bites: Says Clooney of devout Muslims’ piety, ”Anyone that thinks you can bomb that ideal out of them…needs to travel more.” But a mere three deleted scenes (resurrecting an entirely cut character) and the superfluous second interview, ”A Conversation With George Clooney,” leave us longing for a special edition.
(Syriana: Sidney Baldwin)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Amanda Peet, Alexander Siddig; Director: Stephen Gaghan; Author: Robert Baer, Stephen Gaghan; Release Date Limited: 11/23/2005; Release Date Wide: 12/09/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash
- 'Stranger Things' is even stranger in 8-bit animated remake