George Clooney won an Oscar for his portrayal of an idealistic CIA agent in director Stephen Gaghan’s twisty thriller about oil-industry corruption. EXTRAS Interviews with Gaghan and the cast about Syriana’s potential to motivate change offer some meaty sound bites: Says Clooney of devout Muslims’ piety, ”Anyone that thinks you can bomb that ideal out of them…needs to travel more.” But a mere three deleted scenes (resurrecting an entirely cut character) and the superfluous second interview, ”A Conversation With George Clooney,” leave us longing for a special edition.
(Syriana: Sidney Baldwin)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Amanda Peet, Alexander Siddig; Director: Stephen Gaghan; Author: Robert Baer, Stephen Gaghan; Release Date Wide: 12/09/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Furious 7' is now bigger than 'Frozen'
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 "funny" stories from the cast Q&A
- Jack White's final acoustic show will stream live on Tidal
- 'Key & Obama': Luther, the anger translator, appears at White House dinner
- Cecily Strong's best White House Correspondents' Dinner jokes
- 'Orphan Black' creators on that 'twisted' clone threeway
- Monty Python's riotous NYC reunion: 12 craziest moments