Eugene Jarecki takes a holistic approach to examining what it is about our culture that engenders such a willingness — even an eagerness — to wage war. EXTRAS The director is informed and eloquent on The Daily Show and Charlie Rose. Colin Powell’s former chief of staff, Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, asserts in a commentary that Dick Cheney’s ”advice is anything but helpful to the President of the United States.” Many of the extra moments with interviewees could have made the final cut of Why We Fight, and Jarecki’s Q&A with high schoolers is an arresting look at nascent hawks and doves.
(Why We Fight: AP)
Genre: Documentary; Director: Eugene Jarecki; Author: Eugene Jarecki; Release Date Limited: 01/20/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted June 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?
- Trump launches surreal nightly newscast