Eugene Jarecki takes a holistic approach to examining what it is about our culture that engenders such a willingness — even an eagerness — to wage war. EXTRAS The director is informed and eloquent on The Daily Show and Charlie Rose. Colin Powell’s former chief of staff, Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, asserts in a commentary that Dick Cheney’s ”advice is anything but helpful to the President of the United States.” Many of the extra moments with interviewees could have made the final cut of Why We Fight, and Jarecki’s Q&A with high schoolers is an arresting look at nascent hawks and doves.
(Why We Fight: AP)
Genre: Documentary; Director: Eugene Jarecki; Author: Eugene Jarecki; Release Date Limited: 01/20/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted June 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barb from 'Stranger Things' to join Archie reboot 'Riverdale'
- Jimmy Eat World share soaring new rock song, 'Sure and Certain'
- 'Arrow': Thea makes date plans in exclusive season 4 deleted scene
- 'Warcraft' director is 'equally proud and furious' about the film
- Apollonia makes surprise appearance at 'Purple Rain' screening
- Anne Hathaway to star in Jenny Mollen’s 'Live Fast Die Hot'
- Rick Perry's 'Dancing With the Stars' run to help veterans