Eugene Jarecki takes a holistic approach to examining what it is about our culture that engenders such a willingness — even an eagerness — to wage war. EXTRAS The director is informed and eloquent on The Daily Show and Charlie Rose. Colin Powell’s former chief of staff, Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, asserts in a commentary that Dick Cheney’s ”advice is anything but helpful to the President of the United States.” Many of the extra moments with interviewees could have made the final cut of Why We Fight, and Jarecki’s Q&A with high schoolers is an arresting look at nascent hawks and doves.
(Why We Fight: AP)
Genre: Documentary; Director: Eugene Jarecki; Author: Eugene Jarecki; Release Date Limited: 01/20/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted June 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- American Girl turns 30: A love letter To Kirsten, Samantha, and Molly
- The Eagles and Jackson Browne to pay tribute to Glenn Frey at Grammys
- Ryan Reynolds might have leaked the 'Deadpool' test footage
- Johnny Depp plays Donald Trump in fake movie for Funny or Die
- Katie Holmes 'is a beast' at Musical Beers with Ryan Reynolds, Jimmy Fallon
- YouTube orders original projects from Gigi Gorgeous, AwesomenessTV
- Kristen Stewart, James Franco, Helena Bonham Carter join 'JT LeRoy'