Eugene Jarecki takes a holistic approach to examining what it is about our culture that engenders such a willingness — even an eagerness — to wage war. EXTRAS The director is informed and eloquent on The Daily Show and Charlie Rose. Colin Powell’s former chief of staff, Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, asserts in a commentary that Dick Cheney’s ”advice is anything but helpful to the President of the United States.” Many of the extra moments with interviewees could have made the final cut of Why We Fight, and Jarecki’s Q&A with high schoolers is an arresting look at nascent hawks and doves.
(Why We Fight: AP)
Genre: Documentary; Director: Eugene Jarecki; Author: Eugene Jarecki; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted June 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First look at the new 'Ghostbusters' uniforms
- Big Sean's 'Play No Games' video is a spot-on parody of 'Martin'
- Floyd Mayweather, Katy Perry top Forbes' Celebrity 100 list
- Vertigo comic book movies headed to New Line
- Marvel’s 'Ant-Man' L.A. premiere livestream: Watch the red carpet arrivals here at 9 ET/6 PT
- Chris Pratt as Jason Statham in now-surfaced 'SNL' deleted sketch
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!