Eugene Jarecki takes a holistic approach to examining what it is about our culture that engenders such a willingness — even an eagerness — to wage war. EXTRAS The director is informed and eloquent on The Daily Show and Charlie Rose. Colin Powell’s former chief of staff, Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, asserts in a commentary that Dick Cheney’s ”advice is anything but helpful to the President of the United States.” Many of the extra moments with interviewees could have made the final cut of Why We Fight, and Jarecki’s Q&A with high schoolers is an arresting look at nascent hawks and doves.
(Why We Fight: AP)
Genre: Documentary; Director: Eugene Jarecki; Author: Eugene Jarecki; Release Date Limited: 01/20/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted June 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scandal': Bellamy Young talks Fitz and Olivia's now-public affair
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC